Feature requests

1. Notification when using Timers

A modal desktop notification when using Timers or Pomodoro.

Sometimes I don't know that my timer finished if I don't check with Manictime icon in the tray.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let's Encrypt Certificate Support

It would be great if you could integrate an Let's Encrypt Certificate request/renewal functionality for the ManicTime server so it automatically can use them.

Regards
    Albin Marty

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. conditional autotags

If would be incredibly helpful if the autotags could use conditional logic/rules. Some examples are:

I would like to append the autotag 'OvertimeRate' to anything in work tags that are matched between 7pm and 7am so I can bill at different rates.

I would like an autotag only be applied if Tag matching a specific word is not present. This way I will no longer have to spend time checking my timesheet for double billing.

Thank you for the great product.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Merge Documents/Application Timelines from different devices

Using multiple devices in my workflow, and having changed computers a few times, I now have multiple Timelines for Application and Documents and it's very cumbersome to calculate how much time I have spend on a specific file/folder. It would be nice to have the option to merge multiple inputs to a single timeline. I understand the risk and/or possibility of concurrency or superposition but having 11 timeline to search through separately make time reporting more difficult.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Android Client should log the names of all used aplications - same way as the desktop app

Could you please update the Android Client so that it is automatically logging the names of used applications the same way that the desktop application does?

This is a deal-breaker for a lot of the clients using it. Just seeing active is nice but it would be way more useful if at least the names of the used applications would be logged. And that should be hard to implement in code at all (speaking as a software engineer).

Thank you

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to reorder saved Timesheet reports

My list of Timesheets (in the "Load" drop-down) is getting long and I wish there were a way to manage them better. Ideally, It'd be great if there were grouping options, but at the least, I'd like to be able to change the order of them in the list. Right now it seems that it just orders them by "create date" - with the newest ones at the bottom of the list.

I wondered if perhaps they were stored in a config text file and would be easy to reorder, but I didn't find any, so I guess they are…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. WhatsApp Discussion Thread Visibility

Recently I've found that I'm spending a lot more time in WhatsApp (desktop app) for business reasons, but it's very difficult to tag as one has to examine the screenshot of each entry to determine who the conversation was with.

Would it be possible to build some sort of plugin that would reflect more details about the WhatsApp conversations, maybe who the conversation was with? I realise it's a different beast (I think WhatsApp Desktop is a Modern UI app), but I don't think it's going away.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Button to clear timeline filter

Can 'X' button in the filter text box to clear the current filter and return to showing all timeline data.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support for ADOBE SUITE + MAXON CINEMA 4D DOCUMENTS

I have tried Manictime, and it meet my needs. But I'm a Designer, I use about all the Adobe CC Suite, and Cinema 4D (well sometime I use Blender too). Unfortunatly Manictime doesn't record such documents, and so I can't filter them. I think that Manictime could meet the interest of lot of designer, if you add such feature. Yhanks very much.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automatic fill in-between tagged acitvities

I use files and filter tags to categorize my time. after I've done this I'm often left with a lot of small strips of tagged time with a lot of small untagged time in between, as shown in the screenshot. In order to know the full time I spent on the activities I need to manually expand the tags to fill the entire time. It would be nice to have an option when we right-click on a selected area, to automatically expand the tags to fill the in-between untagged time according to the surrounding tag. There could be a treshold…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sound when an event occurs

One feature, which has been constantly neglected so far is -- sound --. The idea is to connect a sound with a certain event, usually when a time interval is over.

To emphasize, that I'm not alone in this wish, I'm summarizing the threads which has also expressed this issue:

- (37 Votes) Pomodoro settings : - sound notification when the break is over
    - (3 Votes) Tag Reminder as New Window : - a window pop up with sound.
    - (6 Votes) Pomodoro Timer steals focus: use system tray pop up as an option : a sound could be…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. visual studio

I see a plugin for Visual Studio. Can you please create plugins for Notepad++, Visual Studio Code, and Atom.

Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Merge tags / autotags

I'm finding that I have lots of near-duplicate autotags in my system. I would like to clean this up by merging similar autotags, but there's no easy way to do this. Ideal workflow would be something like:

Select two tags.
    Click "Merge tags."
    Optionally update tag title.
    All rules from both tags now appear under the one remaining tag.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix Auto-Tag Issues

The auto-tag feature doesn't work flawlessly. When I'm working under 'Show only untagged activities' the auto-tags still show up with the rest of the untagged items even though they've already been tagged. This makes it seems like they haven't been tagged and would lead to re-tagging...defeating the purpose of auto-tag.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tracking

Auto tagging very helps, but tracking collect only header of windows. Some application had same header but content are different. They are contents depends from its command line of application. How about collect command line of active application?

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. rememeberthemilk plugin

Could be interesting to have a plugin that links the rememeberthemilk.com task manager with manic time so yo can auto tag your time or start asign your time with the tasks on RTM

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Pick tag color when creating new tag

It would be nice to be able to choose a new tag's color as we create it. Assign a random color but display it to the user and allow the user to change it.
    Right now we have to create the tag, then go into the tag editor, find the new tag, edit it and pick the new color.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Secondary tag timeline

i would like to see an option to add a second tag timeline to the main screen. when adding a tag by selecting a timeframe, there should be an option in the menu "add [secondary tag customized label]" below "add tag" option. potential use cases are:
    * tracking your mood separately from activities
    * keeping a sepcific project on a separate timeline
    * tracking your location (using tags such as "home", "work", "bus") independently of activities
    * tracking your company (alone / co-workers / with partner, what have you)
    ... and countless others.

this would make manictime more customizable.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More shortcuts please...

It would be nice to be able to use more shortcuts. For example: Create Autotag rule, Copy Autotags to tag timeline etc. The ideal solution would be to have the opportunity to assign shortcut to every function.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Auto tag function based on file placement and Support for archicad

Hi.
    If manictime could tag time based on the placment of the file i am working on that would be awsome. I have several projekts, and each project has an own folder with subfolders in windows. On the projeckt there is alot of differnt files,with the onley thing common that they are all placed in the same project folder.
    So an auto tag function based on file placement woult be great!

Could you add support for Graphisoft Archicad. It dosent show up in the documnet line correct in manic time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base