Feature requests

1. Dynamic tag shortcuts

Would love to see a shortcut that tags the selected block of time with the last tag used, i.e. the tag that's at the top of the "add tag" list.

I often go through my timeline to find the spots throughout the day where I was working on a particular project, and I tag each of these blocks of time as I go through. Instead of having to open the "add tag" window every time (press Ctrl+T, then click on the tag at the top of the list to copy it and the notes over to the left, then press…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. All child windows to be grouped under the parent application

In my firm, we use software that creates child windows that take up a serious amount of time during work hours. Unfortunately, manictime just shows them with the window_name (eg. Options, settings etc) that has no value to the manager.

It would be absolutely wonderful if all these child windows could be group under a single parent app and the time shown would correspond to the total time spent to the parent application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Merged Timelines View

It would be very helpful to be able have a merged timeline view with the Applications and Documents merged together. This would give you a much better view of where you spent your time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Disable tracking for the weekend/till Monday

Hi

I'd like to have the option to pause Manictime from tracking by right clicking on the taskbar tray icon.

We currently have the option to pause for:
    - 15 minutes,
    - 1 hour,
    - till tomorrow
    - till manually enabled again.

I think that "Pause till Monday" will be a nice extra option to have to disable tracking during the weekend.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Tag shortcuts in advanced search results

I would like to see tag shortcuts work on the results screen of Advanced Search

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. trigger screenshot shortcut

The ability to trigger a screenshot on demand.

Sometimes I need a screenshot of something in case I need to refer to it later, it would be good if this could be in manic time instead of having dozens of windows Snip tools open.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Tag Editing Tools - Move/Drag, Cut/Split

More vesitility for tag placement and editing. This could work similar to how a video editing program like Final Cut X works.

1. Move/Drag Tags - Click hold and drag to move tags to a different location on the timeline. This is especially usefull for planing a day with tags as planned time blocks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSlZC2GZd_Q

2. Cut/split tags - this would be usefull for editing tags that were placed previously but a change is desired. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVcx24lCvzg

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A simple way to go through the conflicting tags for each day and quickly decide which to keep and which to delete instead of having to hunt

A simple way to go through the conflicting tags for each day and quickly decide which to keep and which to delete instead of having to hunt through them manually

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Copy screenshots to clipboard

To speed up to process getting a screenshot into a document, email, web or whatever, it would be awesome to not only save and open a screenshot but also copy it direct to the clipboard, from where it can go anywhere

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Screenshots in advanced search

On the advanced search screen, I'd like to be able to see the screenshots of the search results.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Personal Daily Summary Notes Tag

Adding the functionality to append a tag (that is not counted towards your daily hours) for personal note taking inside the manic time app where you can write your summary of the things you have done/doing for the day while you tag your times in the company.

These daily notes can later be aggregrated into a weekly summary which can be stored, extracted, exported to another app such as Teamwork, MS Word, Notes etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. notification

I'd like to know if Manictime can add notification function when one application starts on one device? It is useful for us to track my children's phone and computer usage. The notification can be email, SMS or phone call etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Thanks a great product "not include in search " would help

Have a "not include in search " would help. eg i want to find every xl file except those with 2019 in the name for instance

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Screenshot Database for Security Purposes

I like the screenshot feature for myself to remind myself what I was actually doing at a particular time. But the idea of screenshots so plainly visible to anyone with access to that folder means potential security breach and even compromised PII.

If the screenshots could be saved in a small compressed format that could be saved in a secure database with limited retention like a couple days I think that would be a big help. Typically the screenshots are only useful for me when Im performing end of day tagging and I need to remember what I was doing…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2-Way Sync of Tags From ManicTime to Harvest & Vice Versa

I've been testing saving Tags from ManicTime to the Harvest time tracking service. This is a one-way process from ManicTime to Harvest using the Harvest integration.

It would be great if there was a 2-way sync so that if time entries are created in Harvest, or edited there, that this is brought into/updated in ManicTime too. This would allow users to employ the Harvest mobile app to capture time when on site as well as capture time on their machines. It also would help avoid duplicate or overlapping time entries.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support Wavebox (Chromium-based browser) for "document" timeline

I am using a browser called Wavebox for multi-session, tabbed based browsing and it is Chromium-based. It is only tracked as an application with page titles but it is as useful as "document" (website tracking).

As a hotfix I wrote a user-script to add the page URL to the page title to help with autotags, but I am missing other features available with "document" timeline/websites.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support Wavebox (Chromium-based browser) for "document" timeline

I am using a browser called Wavebox for multi-session, tabbed based browsing and it is Chromium-based. It is only tracked as an application with page titles but it is as useful as "document" (website tracking).

As a hotfix I wrote a user-script to add the page URL to the page title to help with autotags, but I am missing other features available with "document" timeline/websites.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base