Feature requests

I have a feature request ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. I'd like to have a Linux-Version of ManicTime

<quote from Last Years Request Page: http://bit.ly/1J2m4Ns>
    As often requested in the old Forum, there are quite a few People that like to see a Linux-Version of ManicTime. Main-Focus may be Ubuntu for greatest audience.
    I'm a Software-Developer and currently ManicTime is the only reason I don't switch to Linux as Develoment Enviroment. Since I know ManicTime, I can't imagine to work without it ;(
    At best, you can modify the Windows-Version to run on Mono (Open Source .NET-runtime environment). This may work with very little effort.
    Greatest challenge would be to read address-bar of browsers on the different…

249 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    32 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have Linux tracker (tracking apps, browser usage with our browser plugin and screenshots), Linux server and now also cloud option.
    So there are two ways to use it on the Linux, either with on premise server or our cloud.

We realize that this does not satisfy everybody supporting this idea, but we need suggestions for more specific ideas.
    So we suggest more specific feature ideas are opened, so we can see which features are most desired and work on that.

2. ManicTime for Mac OS

As a big supporter of Manictime I have now started to work with Apple computers.
    ManicTime for mac is extremely desirable as there are several consultants that I know of that wishes a similar tool for Mac.

237 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    43 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have Mac tracker (tracking apps, browser usage with our browser plugin and screenshots), Mac server and now also cloud option.
    So there are two ways to use it on the Mac, either with on premise server or our cloud.

We realize that this does not satisfy everybody supporting this idea, but we need suggestions for more specific ideas.
    So we suggest more specific feature ideas are opened, so we can see which features are most desired and work on that.

3. Mobile apps

Apps for Android and Windows 10 Mobile

170 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Android version now supports:
    -Tags / Stopwatch
    -Phone call tracking
    -Phone usage (including application tracking)
    -Location tracking (similar to now discontinued Moves app)

I think that covers most of the suggestions in this thread, so I suggest new requests are opened for more specific features.

4. Cloud based syncing

Cloud-based syncing and access from different machines would be a huge benefit.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rule editing

It is needed to be able to edit rules for autotags. Currently it is possible only by removing rules and adding them again, or adding new and leaving old.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Linux Server

Most server technology runs on Linux. A linux server would allow me to use my existing server infrastructure

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow undo of any operation/change

Allow undo of deleting a session (away or active), tagging, etc.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Skype Entreprise/Skype for business Plugin

Retrieve details of Skype Entreprise/Skype for business conversations (Title and participants) will be a very good feature !

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Timer or notification every X minutes to tag last untagged time

I'd like to receive notification every X minutes prompting me to tag. Currently I can use Tag untagged time, but I need to trigger it manually.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. CSV-Export from Command Line

I'd like to kick off the CSV-Export from the command line. Basically, what i'm looking for is something that i can automate somewhat like this:

> ManicTime.exe --export="Tags" > mt_tags.csv
    > ManicTime.exe --export="Applications" > mt_apps.csv

and so on. It does not need to be _exactly_ like that, but if I could
    put this in a batch file, it would remove an error source from my
    current workflow.

If the export could be limited to a certain date-range (like the existing GUI export), export date-format (unix vs. windows time format) and export delimiter (commas vs. tabs) that would be the icing…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pinned tags

I'd like to pin tags in Add tag window so I can quickly access them.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export timelines (Auto-Tags) to CSV / Excel

In addition to the existing export functions i'd like to export the auto-tag timeline to csv.

Another nice feature would be an export of all timelines summarized.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Screenshot plugin

I would want the ability to take a screenshot every X minutes where i choose how many minutes and have those tie into the program so i can see what i was doing during the timeline.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Worktime settings per user per day

It would be great if you could set the worktime settings per user, per day. If there are multiple employees with parttime jobs, their required attendance can differ from day to day.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pomodoro technique

It would be great if ManicTime implemented a way of working easily with the Pomodoro Technique[1]. It could be a very simple implementation:

* A pomodoro checkbox in the stopwatch
    * A way of setting intervals aka "pomodoros" (e.g., the classic 25 minutes work + 5 minutes break)
    * A way of setting how many intervals before prompting for a longer break
    * When an a break or interval is reached, the tags dialog pops up asking you to tag your time (e.g., whether you've just been working, or breaking)

ManicTime already does so much of what's required for a…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Screenshot plugin enhancements

F12-Screenshots need to be bigger, full screen view would be great. Show all screenshots filtered by application would be great. Play back screenshot timeline with left/right arrow keys would be great.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Filter: history and tooltips

History of the last used (and possibly some more) filter terms or expressions.
    Tooltip for the most common expression keywords.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Off the record back on after set time

I often forget to turn recording back on. This feature would make it come back on after a selectable number of minutes. Kind of like Rescuetime comes back on after 15 minutes

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Differentiate between javaw.exe processes

Hi,

A lot of applications are using the JVM these days. It would be great if ManicTime could differentiate between different javaw.exe processes. Currently it clumps them all up to the same program, but they even are different processes. Only the program file name (javaw.exe) is the same. SS: http://i.imgur.com/D0UZoCJ.png

Here is a pointer on how to differentiate the processes in windows - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13288787/get-command-line-of-a-java-process , I do not know .NET though and there might be better ways.

Great tool, thanks a bunch! Am using free, but am planning to buy premium if this works!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatic Screenshot Journal

Automatic screenshot journal is still the missing key in ManicTime for me. You should buy TimeSnapper (www.timesnapper.com) and integrate it in ManicTime to make it perfect! ;)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base