I have a feature request ...

Secondary tag timeline

i would like to see an option to add a second tag timeline to the main screen. when adding a tag by selecting a timeframe, there should be an option in the menu "add [secondary tag customized label]" below "add tag" option. potential use cases are:
* tracking your mood separately from activities
* keeping a sepcific project on a separate timeline
* tracking your location (using tags such as "home", "work", "bus") independently of activities
* tracking your company (alone / co-workers / with partner, what have you)
... and countless others.

this would make manictime more customizable.

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    foerno shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Matten commented  · 

I understand the usefulness of being able to apply structure to a tag set, for hierarchy, mutual exclusion, orthogonality, requirements, etc. I've asked for this in the past.

But what specifically does providing multiple tag timelines achieve that a single tag timeline that allows multiple simultaneous/overlapping tags does not?

• N Warren commented  · 

I agree - we use ManicTime as a backup to our own custom Time Tracker - this actually has multiple tags (non hierarchical) - depending how you count them it could be as many as 8 or 9 plus the notes field. Some of those tags have a couple of hundred entries to pick from, some are a number (our Helpdesk ticket number, so not a "picklist" option) - there are some regular combinations and some combinations that aren't allowed - but all serve a purpose...

We've tried other solutions and our billable hours dropped by 20-30% in a month, so we've stuck with it! I'm certain this is way beyond the scope of how most people use ManicTime, but we're a professional services consultancy and that's what we need...

Our in-house written Time Tracker is functional but a bit of a dog to use and maintain - if it was an option I'd be very interested in the costs of a custom version of ManicTime with our extra functionality? You've got my email address I presume?!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base