I have a feature request ...

ManicTime for Mac OS

As a big supporter of Manictime I have now started to work with Apple computers.
ManicTime for mac is extremely desirable as there are several consultants that I know of that wishes a similar tool for Mac.

176 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David FuentesDavid Fuentes shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kevin OhlssonKevin Ohlsson commented  · 

Yes please, make the connection process to server seamless on mac too please.

• DellDell commented  · 

my partner uses it on his pc. i wish they had a mac version.

• ACAC commented  · 

Hi, I love ManicTime and used it for years on windows machine. Now I'm using mac and would like to keep using it. All I really need to do is track what was done when for personal use. It would be great if there was a stand alone app for Mac.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Can we use ManicTime Mac with the free version? It says it requires server version, and I think there is no free version of the server, no?

• Egor “egens” ErohinEgor “egens” Erohin commented  · 

Manictime is all about standalone and desktop as for me and so is this feature request.
        There are a bunch of cloud alternatives and I found them hard to use.
        Tracker statistics shouldn't be on the page somewhere in the browser. It should be always visible and processable on the desktop.
        Just thoughts.

• ManicTime SupportAdminManicTime Support (Support, ManicTime) commented  · 

I hope we get to a cloud version soon, then you wont have to host anything. And I think the server will also work on Linux and Mac soon. We will see.
        Of course another possibility is to expand the Mac client with UI so it is a stand alone version, which, if I understand you correctly, is what you would like to see.
        In any case, this feature is too general. If we start working on this today, we would have to know which features are most desired. I guess tagging is a start. I'd personally add timesheets.
        What I want to say is that we can't port all features and then close this issue. So it would be good to have a list of most desired features and votes for that.

• Egor “egens” ErohinEgor “egens” Erohin commented  · 

Really done? With the need of win host to function? You are kidding. It doesn't close this top feature request as for me.

• KatKat commented  · 

Hi, I recently downloaded the mac version of your app but can't seem to do anything with it...it seems to be on and running in the background but I can't find a way of accessing the records... any help would be appreciated ! (I saw something here about exporting and running on a pc.. I don't have access to a pc)
        thanks for your time/attention! :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

I've been using this app for more than 3 years and really like it. But I replaced the old laptop with a mac, for which there is not manictime available. Using the Windows client indeed do not solve the real problem. I do hope you can add a native Mac client.

• Singh.appsSingh.apps commented  · 

Please add a proper native Mac client. This app really does time reporting well based on what I can see in the Videos. I hope you develop full resources for a mac app.

• Martin ZardeckiMartin Zardecki commented  · 

Mac client/tracker is a good start but having to use the Windows client to tag almost defeats the purpose. This really needs a full client (please).

On the server it looks the same as if it came from Windows client. You get three timelines (Computer usage, Applications, Documents), but no Tag timeline. So every report works the same, there is no difference if it came from Mac or Windows.
        Currently you could run tracker on the Mac, send data to the server, then load timelines on a Windows ManicTime and tag there.

We are working on server tagging, which will be useful if you only have a Mac. I think we should have it ready in about a month. When we are done, there will be a page on the server where a Mac user will be able to tag time, similar to how it is done on Windows client now.

• David MattenDavid Matten commented  · 

the release documentation does not discuss what it is able to track vs the Windows version. Can you elaborate? Which Timelines does it create?

I don't have a Mac myself, but there are people I work with who do, and I'd like to give them some idea of what to expect, what can be achieved with this first foray.

Is there some way that you envision performing Tagging for the recorded timeline(s) with a Windows client?

We finally made it to beta of our ManicTime tracker for Mac. This is not a full ManicTime port, it will only send usage data to ManicTime server, so you still need ManicTime Server installed somewhere.
        It should be useful for companies or individuals working on multiple platforms.

http://www.manictime.com/Mac

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base