I have a feature request ...

Import CSV to new timeline

Hey, i'd like to have a function to import a CSV file to a new timeline.

For example one could export all emails from one folder of thunderbird to a CSV file. This file would include subject, from, to, date time. After import to ManicTime each emails would be shown in an additional timeline with a configurable duration of x min.

Another example: Export the call log from your phone / PBX, with phone numbers, date, start, end time and import it to ManicTime.

Would be very helpful :-)

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
port119 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • J. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The emails and phone call parts of this should be separate I think. The phone calls part should be merged (or at least counted with) the Cisco Phones request linked below.

Keep in mind this would also work for Google Voice (via Google Takeout) and I think pretty much every VOIP/SIP provides a CSV export (8x8, Vonage, Anveo, voip.ms, ....)

A CSV import with a field mapper would open this up for all of them.

Granted I'd much rather see a proper plug-in/helper but I don't have the skills to put that together and obviously it's a lot of work because all the different services. A CSV import, with a way to map fields can kill many many birds with one stone.

• J. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@imanuel What script are you using for this? Do you have a link or would you share it?
    I'd like to use/adapt it for Asterisk
    (FreePBX specifically but should be generic enough for all Asterisk I think)

thanks.

• port119 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Imanuel: Thanks for the hint. Do you use a PHP script? Could you make it public? Is this custom timeline available in the timesheet?

Feedback and Knowledge Base