I have a feature request ...

Enable auto-tag of Outlook emails based on text in From, To/CC/BCC, Subject, Body, Folder Name, Category

Enhance auto-tagging for Outlook emails. Allow rules that search for a string (or RegEx) in any of the following fields: From, To, CC, BCC, Subject, Body, Categories, and Folder. Also, store the item IDs for Outlook items, and then allow the user to re-run the auto-tag rules so that the rule could find and use each items current folder and categories.

64 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jon Freed shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Miriam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am already using Categories to tag my email and use Mail Rules to do it. It would be great that my timekeeping matched my Mail Categories!

• Jen Lipschitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have that problem with the Outlook plugin that it constantly shows a warning about connection, but when I have had it temporarily enabled (and ignored the constant warnings), it's been THE MOST USEFUL FEATURE! Any plans to update that plugin or figure out a workaround?

• Gary McGregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with Charlie. Having the abiltiy to tag by RegEx (starts with, wildcards in the middle, etc) would be a great benefit

• Charlie Butterworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we are looking for auto tagging by regex on incoming sender email address and outgoing first entry in the to email address.

• AdminManicTime Support (Support, ManicTime) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Part of this can be done if you are using Outlook plugin. It will track to and subject and you can easily use that in autotags.
        But there is a problem with the plugin, Outlook is constantly showing warning about connection, so it is not enabled by default.

Feedback and Knowledge Base