I have a feature request ...

Enable auto-tag of Outlook emails based on text in From, To/CC/BCC, Subject, Body, Folder Name, Category

Enhance auto-tagging for Outlook emails. Allow rules that search for a string (or RegEx) in any of the following fields: From, To, CC, BCC, Subject, Body, Categories, and Folder. Also, store the item IDs for Outlook items, and then allow the user to re-run the auto-tag rules so that the rule could find and use each items current folder and categories.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jon FreedJon Freed shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jen LipschitzJen Lipschitz commented  · 

I have that problem with the Outlook plugin that it constantly shows a warning about connection, but when I have had it temporarily enabled (and ignored the constant warnings), it's been THE MOST USEFUL FEATURE! Any plans to update that plugin or figure out a workaround?

• marcmarc commented  · 

+1 if you realize it for thunderbird as well ;)

• Gary McGregorGary McGregor commented  · 

Agreed with Charlie. Having the abiltiy to tag by RegEx (starts with, wildcards in the middle, etc) would be a great benefit

• Charlie ButterworthCharlie Butterworth commented  · 

we are looking for auto tagging by regex on incoming sender email address and outgoing first entry in the to email address.

• ManicTime SupportAdminManicTime Support (Support, ManicTime) commented  · 

Part of this can be done if you are using Outlook plugin. It will track to and subject and you can easily use that in autotags.
        But there is a problem with the plugin, Outlook is constantly showing warning about connection, so it is not enabled by default.

Feedback and Knowledge Base