Feature requests

I have a feature request ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Tag/Comment the entire day of work

It would be useful to have the possibility to tag or comment the entire day in order to remember additional facts happened during the day.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop manictime from deleting past screenshots if settings change accidentally

At the moment, the default settings for screenshots is "keep for 3 days". Sometimes, an installation/update can revert the settings to the default, which will automatically delete all screenshots older than 3 days. For me, it deleted over a year's worth of screenshot data as a result of an update. Fortunatelly, not all was lost as I had a backup of some of the data.

The system should include a test that if it needs to delete an unexpectedly large number of screenshots, it warns you in advance. The prompt could be something like "Manictime will delete X as a…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Track Google Drive and OneDrive folder path too - Document Timeline

I use AutoTagging on used file folders on my hard drive. However, from files opened on my synchronized Google Drive and OneDrive etc. the folder isn't tracked. It only shows the file name on the documents timeline.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Alphabetize Recent Tags

I have a lot of active tags at any point in time, so I show 40 recent tags (Settings->Display). It would be helpful if those tags appeared alphabetically.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In timesheet view have the notes column auto expand to fit content (if there is space)

If I want to read my notes column in timesheet view I "always" need to expand it, please do this by default.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Exporting Tags + Applications in one file

When I export and import Applications, it would be good to see an additional column containing the corresponding Tags I used on them so I can easily verify if my tags are correct. That's Applications+Tags in one file export/import.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Combined View

I'd like to be able to combine Documents, Applications and Tags all into one single view where I can see them merged together to get better layered timeline of what I worked on during the day rather than having to look at each one separately.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Screenshot after switching window - optional/time delay

I just noticed that manictime creates a screenshot every time the active window changes. this creates an unnecessary amount of images in some cases and it would be great have an option to disable for some processes or to control it with a delay (screenshot after X seconds still active..)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Button on Away window to mark that you weren't away

The Away screen is very useful, but sometimes shows up when I am not away.

Example 1: I am looking at the screen and thinking about something for a few minutes.

Example 2: I am on a VOIP phone call

I think it would be helpful if there was a button on the Away screen that said "I wasn't away".

If you clicked it, it would allocate the away time to last activity recorded.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bluebeam Revu plugin (for PDFs)

Bluebeam is the most common PDF viewer in the construction industry (and maybe others), it would be great if a plugin could be used to extract the filepath for autotagging.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Jira Plugin: close dialog after work successfully saved to Jira

Currently for the Jira plugin, when I click Save Work, a window comes up summarising the times logged. When I click Ok to close that window, then "Save tags as Work in JIRA dialog is still showing and I then have to click cancel.
    This dialog should close on success or remain open in the event of a failure.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ignore 'all-day' and 'free' events on Google Calendar

I've just configured a Google Calendar timeline, and it's showing 'All-day' events, and events I have marked as 'free'. I'd like the option to hide events based on whether they're all-day, or whether I've said 'yes', 'maybe' or 'no', along with the usual 'busy'/'free'. Ideally I'd like to have only events that are not all-day and I've either said 'yes' to or marked as busy.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Timesheet: Quarter Date Range

Allow for options in the Timesheet to be "This Quarter", "Last Quarter", and "Last 3 Months" to be compatible with the 4 Quarters in a year (Q1 Jan-Mar, Q2 Apr-June, Q3 July-Sept, Q4 Oct-Dec)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Merge tags / autotags

I'm finding that I have lots of near-duplicate autotags in my system. I would like to clean this up by merging similar autotags, but there's no easy way to do this. Ideal workflow would be something like:

Select two tags.
    Click "Merge tags."
    Optionally update tag title.
    All rules from both tags now appear under the one remaining tag.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Jira Tags from the Jira Plugin configurable

Currently I have autotags which can generate tags of the format:
    JIRAKEY, #JIRAKEY-999
    However these don't match the tags from the plugin which are
    Jira Name, #JIRAKEY-999 Description of issue number nine nine nine

I would like to be able to specify how tags are formatted like so:
    tags: {PROJECT-KEY}, #{ISSUE-KEY}
    notes: {PROJECT-NAME}, {ISSUE-NAME}

In order for the save work to jira feature to work I'd need to have #{ISSUE-KEY} somewhere in tags, so perhaps a validation warning to that effect would be great.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stacked Bar Chart

I just started using manic time and I'm really enjoying it. I'd like to be able to create a stacked bar chart to give a better visual representation of my day.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. external backup

ability to save backups to ftp

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If you forgot to name the working file/document

Add the ability to rename the selected files.

For example, I spent the whole day working in Photoshop, but forgot to call the document (by default it is called Untitled-1).
    I choose the right panel Untitled-1 line, click the right mouse button and click renames all Untitled-1 by desired mask.

It would be very convenient, I think.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. TRACK CRYTAL REPORTS - FILE EXTENSION .RPT

TRACK CRYTAL REPORTS - FILE EXTENSION .RPT

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base