Feature requests

1. find overlaps and give option on how to deal

when I am manually tagging time slots I sometimes drag the mouse too far and overlap an already tagged item , especially if the first tag was a very small time (tagged by auto-tag) and is hard to see.

so would be good to have a feature that finds these overlap tags and ask if a person wants to keep the overlap or choose one of them

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Absorb/Append - Easier Navigation (Alphabetical Tag) List When Assigning Rule

In the absorb/append rule window (Edit Autotag -> Advanced), the tags that can be absorbed or appended are listed in a random order - would it be possible to alphabetize them?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. periodic poll what your working on

I like the reminder to check what I'm working on. However I find it to be to open. Can ManicTime require a reponse? That way I activaly have to say what I'm working on.

I would like to extend the request and also ask other questions; like whom I have consulted for the thing I'm working on, is it planned work or ad-hoc, is it my main work of a supporting task that I'm working on.
    I don't want a long survey, just small questions and hence at a different time interval

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Screenshots available in AutoTag timeline

Screenshots are currently limited to Application and Document timelines it seems (this is logical)

When I suspect my rules have incorrectly matched something, there is no way to see the screenshot captured at that point. I think that would be quite useful as a quick mechanism to confirm the auto tag in question

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. linux client time away tracking configuration

Hi, I've just realize that among a lot of possible tweaks on windows desktop client, you can configure the away time.
    Unfortunantly I can't find this tweak on linux client. I would like to tweak it, even if I should find an XML file and change data in there.
    Thanks for your attention.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Integrate with fitness-tracking apps like Garmin Connect, UA Record, MyFitness Pal, etc.

I would like for ManicTime to go beyond "work tracking" and be my single "life tracking" app. To do so, it would have to gather up data from my various life tracking sources. For instance, I would like to have a view of my running/cycling/swimming training, my calorie consumption, and my sleep history next to my work history to see trends. (Some apps also track "mood"...that might be interesting to see along side work activity!)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Syncing timeline/s

I use several computers. It would be great if manictime synced so that I only need to check one manictime timeline.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. OneNote plugin to track Pages instead of Sections

It's really nice to have a OneNote plugin. I organise using OneNote intensively. My notes are organised in a few major sections and a lot of Pages in each section. The tracker actually takes the section name and not the page name. It would be nice if we had the option to pick either. As a workaround I can always use the App tracking to find my time on each of the Pages because the Pages are displayed in the titlebar. whoever it would be more convenient and quicker to just have them totalled automatically in the Docs section.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tag shortcuts assignable from Numpad would be nice too.

It is pretty clear from the name of the request. At the moment I have to press the number key above the letters. When it is dark (like now) and my keyboard is dark, it is easier for me to hit the number without looking from the numpad rather then from the top row.

Should not be hard to develop.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Total in Top Tags Statistics view

I'd like to see a total in the Top Tags Statistic view exactly like how the Day view does. As a salary employee it will let me know if I've made my 40 hours of work for the week.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Compress Scheduled Backup

Currently my daily manic time backups are over 240MB.
    ZIP compressed brings it down to 83MB.
    I'd like to request an option to compress the sdf backup as a zip file

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Setting for tabgs to be billabel by default

I add new tags frequently, but often forget to mark them as billable, which for me is more common (and hopefully for most of us). It would be great if there was a setting to make them billable by default, then I'd just have to remember to mark the ones that aren't.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Thunderbird Lightning timeline similar to Outlook

Add a timeline for Thunderbird Lightning calendars similar as is currently possible with Outlook. The events should be stored in a sqlite database (local.sqlite) so they should be rather easy to extract.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Chromebook Version

ManicTime Tracker for Chromebook.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Do not create screenshot if nothing has changed

ManicTime should compare the new screenshot with the last one. If nothing has changed, it should not create a new file. This helps with low intervals. Of course this would work much better if the mouse pointer is not part of the screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tag overrides other descriptions?

Is there any way to see, when you are inside a tag, which aplication/document it refers to?

I have taken for example this violet tag but and there are many aplications/documents I move to this tag but I cannot identify them here.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Exclude away time and power off time from statistics

I use a secondary computer for a specific purpose and I'd like to have statistics on how much I used this computer during the week. However, away time and power off time are included in the statistics making the total duration values meaningless. Basically, extend the "Do not track" options to include away time and power off time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Integration with Omnifocus

Integration with Omnifocus (A very popular MAC GTD+ / projects-life organisation app)..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Measure Productivity Based on File Size

Track the file size of a document as it increases over time in the context of tracking productivity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pinned Tags in Context Menu

I would like to have to possibility to see the pinned Tags in the small Context menu which opens when you click the blue button on the timeline.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base