Feature requests

1. Allow custom date ranges to be stored in statistics tab

Two similar but independent features for the 'Statistics' tab to add custom date ranges:

1. Allow the user to add new date ranges to the preset dropdown box.
    These can be 'fixed' ranges with a start/end date set by the user and a label.
    Additionally it would be great if the user could add 'relative' dates like "This week", etc.
    This would be helpful for countries with financial years end partway through the year (Eg Australia)
    It would also be useful for custom development 'Sprint' periods.

2. Allow each 'statistics tab' to have its own date range that can be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Naming / Tagging for screenshots within a project

It would be great, if I could be able to group screenshots based on the projects that are opened. I often switch Projects in Cinema 4d and I would like to be able to make a timelapse video based on a single project.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Modern Auth support (OAuth) for Office 365 Email/Skype/Teams etc

Multifactor auth enforces modern authentication (OAuth) with Azure AD for Office 365. This means the skype and outlook plugins no longer operate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I want to increase the number of show top.

I want to increase the number of show top.
    Fifty is too few for me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. detect activity of programs

Some jobs require rendering or export session, during this time the program still working on the project even if i dont move the mouse, but Manic time register as "away". It would be nice if the tracking remain active during the programs activities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shortcut to "Add tag"

Is it possible to "Add tag" to the list of functions that you can assign a short cut to?

If i would like to tag 15 min regardless of the time of day ,or such tag overlapping my last tag, i can not use the shortcut to "tag last untagged time". This is however possible if i chosse "Add tag" from the program window". I would like this function to be more accecible, as i quite often need to include some billing time without fixing it to a specific time on the timeline .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. productivity settings, calculator, reports

I stumbled on this software:
    http://www.timesnapper.com/professional.aspx

and I realised that those features would be better on manictime, than on that timestanpper.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Clicking an entry on the Timesheet will navigate you to that entry on the Day timeline.

On the TimeSheet when total by 'Day' is selected, I would like to be able to click on a time entry in the timesheet tab and have the application navigate to the first entry on the timeline of the Day tab.

When I performed this action, ideally the timeline would grey or filter out all other tags and only display the tag I am investigating.

When I identify an entry in the timeline that needs adjusted it is necessary for me to make a note of that day, the tag of the time entry and use the date control on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Minimize Screenshot viewer when main window is minimized

I use ManicTime on two monitors, with the Screenshot viewer full-screen on the second monitor. When I'm done with ManicTime and I minimize the main window, it would be nice if the Screenshot viewer minimized as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Split

Split Function for Tag
    During the day I sometimes forget to stop a timer when an interruption comes. Rather than having to then re-adjust the time manually by dragging the task creating a new task and adding the new tag it would be nice if I could put a split in a tag which then seperates that tag into two seperate tags. From there I can just drag the second tag start time to where I got back to my original task and add the new Tag for the interruption.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Mobile with GPS for when I arrive at a job.

Another product one of your competitors Hours Tracker Mobile app picks up when I get close to my client

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hope to increase the number of clicks and keystrokes per day.

Hope to increase the number of clicks and keystrokes per day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Grouping of Autotags in Manictime

It will be better if you can add this feature to segment autotags like (category 1, category 2) and under each category there will be several independent autotags. Currently i have 20 autotags and want to group them into 3 category but that is not possible. These are some suggestion how to implement this.

1) In Timesheet: It can be added in timesheet generation and giving an option to group autoatags and it will show total time spent under each category.

2) In Timeline: It can also be displayed in autotag timeline and user will have option whether to show…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. allow to check specific items in advanced search

please allow to check specific items in advanced search so I could use the calculator to calculate just those items and not all that comes up in the list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cell phone app to capture cell phone usage as activity

I depend heavily on ManicTime for capturing billable time but for phone calls I often end up missing some billable hours.

I'm very fond of both products/companies so integration between ManicTime and a mobile operator like Ting might be a nice marketing boost to both companies. Further, Ting already has Android and IPhone apps you could piggy-back on. I've sent this suggestion to them as well with a pointer to ManicTime web site.

Such an app could be as simple as a prompt for the call's purpose after calls. A phone number catch/ignore list would minimize annoyance factor. Input via…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Jira Tags - Merge the description of the jira tag with the auto-tag

Allow tags that match the jira format to automatically link in the relevent Jira description of the issue for easier understanding of the feature that was worked on.

When hovering over/viewing #PROJ-123
    it would show #PROJ-123 Implement that cool new feature

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. auto hide timeline

I have 8 timelines and some of them are not important or empty. Idea is on dropdown for timeline \/ allow some additional options like:
    1. shrink height or dissapear if necessary
    2. auto-hide if empty
    3. priority - always show
    Also, font should adjust if resized.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. MiTel (aka ShoreTel) phone plugin to track call activity. Google Voice call activity would also be helpful.

MiTel (aka ShoreTel) phone plugin to track call activity. Google Voice call activity would also be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. linux client time away tracking configuration

Hi, I've just realize that among a lot of possible tweaks on windows desktop client, you can configure the away time.
    Unfortunantly I can't find this tweak on linux client. I would like to tweak it, even if I should find an XML file and change data in there.
    Thanks for your attention.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base