Feature requests

I have a feature request ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. More Automation

I would like automatic tagging to be able to assign a tag with client name, based on duration email is open or being drafted based on matching email address to list of client names and addresses. I would like the tag to include the activity "email" and a description "the subject line of the email". Similarly for documents worked on in an application I would like a tag based on folder name where document is stored matched to a list of client names and folder names; with the name of the document in the description spot and the application name…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Costs too much for individual personal license

I can't pay $60 or $70 for a single user license. I want to use it for personal use, at work, not as a contractor, to track how I spent my time so I can enter my time in JIRA more accurately (since I have little sense of time at the end of the day). I sure would like a coupon code or a middle pricing tier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Manual overwrite

Allow a designated tag to overwrite another tag. Suppose you've tagged Task A from 10:00 to 10:15. Then you look and you see that you took a phone call - Task B - from 10:05 to 10:10. If you just tag Task B from 10:05 to 10:10, you'll have that portion double-tagged. But I'd like to manually overwrite so that Task A is broken into two segments (10:00 to 10:05 and 10:10 to 10:15, totaling 10 mins) and Task B overwrites the time for 10:05 to 10:10, totaling 5 minutes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Total in Top Tags Statistics view

I'd like to see a total in the Top Tags Statistic view exactly like how the Day view does. As a salary employee it will let me know if I've made my 40 hours of work for the week.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Define weekend day as a working day

We can define some working days as a work free. But there is no way to define weekend day as a working day. The way could be the same as work free days definition.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In timesheet view have a column to show tags not used in grouped by

I'd like a column that shows a list of tags not used in the grouped-by clause. (in my case I group by first level tags, so I want to show second level tags and below)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Default to PM when entering 12

Very small change. When entering a start or end time in the Edit popup, can it default to PM when entering 12 as this causes great pain when getting it wrong as it wipes out other tags.
    Thanks
    Caleb

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Computer Usage Report

Provide the ability to create/share a computer Usage timeline. For example; I worked for 3 hours on an issue, I would like to be able to create/share my computer usage screen shots with an associate or customer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Show only tagged activites" for autotags

That would be nice. I'm a lazy developer, so I'd like to set tags for certain activities just once. If I can't see what I already (auto)tagged, I don;t know what I missed.

So basically the "Show only tagged activites", but for autotags

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add (back) "Last Used" Date/Time to Recent Tags/Notes Lists

In previous versions, I seem to remember in at least one, if not all, of the various tag dialogs and menus showing recent tags (e.g., "What will you work on", "Add tag", "Welcome back! Would you like to tag your away time?", etc.), it would show when we last used each listed tag combination or note (if cursor in the Notes input box). Could you add that back?

(I find it particularly useful for notes because I can't always tell, with my cursor in the Notes input, which notes were previously used with the selected tag combination, and which are…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Persist time selection across category

When a user clicks between Computer Usage, Applications or Documents the time (item row they selected) is reset to the start of the day. (aka the start of the list) In my opinion it should start at the same selected (if there is a time in that category) OR the closest available. Sometimes I click between the few to get an idea of what I was doing that day to get a full picture.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. the ability to set goals for every app

i want to set goals for the apps that i use .... for example

chrome >>> 2 hours per day

and when i use chrome for 2 hours , manic time send me a notification for that to stop using it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. BUG: "Copy to clipboard" on server does not work

On WIndows 10 in Edge private mode. I did not test the other browsers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Day Start time and End Time feature required

My Time Zone is UTC+5.30, but my machine time zone is UTC-5.00 (as working for US project they ask me to maintain this time zone. So I request for Day Start and end time setting which allows me check my time log proper.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. clipboard tracking

To speed up tagging time with notes and to have another tool to see what I was doing, it would be nice to have a timeline that is tracking what was in the clipboard. Then it would be nice to be able to access what was in the clipboard during a time being tagged, so that as I am entering in notes for the time tagged I can paste items that were in the clipboard.

To give you my real case scenario. I'm an IT service provider that bills by the hour. I see error messages, run commands, and go…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I use the Windows 24 hour clock. I need to record time rounded to ten minutes. When I add a tag Start time displays as for example 08:22:33

I use the Windows 24 hour clock. I need to record time rounded to ten minutes. When I add a tag Start time displays as for example 08:22:33 and End time as 09:41:00 (HH:MM:ss, the long time format). I do not need the seconds so the short date format (HH:mm) would have been fine but that option is not available. What is worse: when start/end time must be changed the colon button may have to be used four times to make amendments; you cannot use the decimal key to distinguish between minutes and seconds. That is very awkward if you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to Edit Entries and Tags from the Timesheet Window and to be Able to Set Entries as Billable

I rely greatly on the timesheet window to see what I have completed workwise. It would greatly benefit how I use ManicTime if I was able to edit entries and tags from within the timesheet window and to be able to set entries as billable from the Timesheet window as well

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. start with trace Disabled and question wether to start trace

I would like a feature where could have Manic time start with windows but give a Message box that defines wether tracing should be enabled or disabled. Ie. when i start my laptop in the morning to read the news it is a personal thing and i do not want to record time. but when i get into work later that day i want to record everything.. and then again in the evening when i get home the reason that i start the laptop could be either personal or proffessional.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Configurable "Edit" Tag Entry dialog (notes, start, end)

Configurable "Edit" Tag Entry dialog (notes, start, end)

When editing tagged time to modify the notes or adjust start/end times...

A) The ability to configure and pin the items appearing on the right.
    Configure: For example, add a custom option for, say, "1 hour" to modify the active field (start, end, duration) by the 1 hour. Start time is active: resets end time to 1 hour later. End time active: resets start time 1 hour earlier.

Pin: when "Tags" text box is selected, I could "pin" various MRU tags instead of them floating down the list based on last used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base