Feature requests

1. open document from advanced search of application timeline

I would like to be able to search the Applications timeline (for words appearing in a web page title, etc.), find a web page I am looking for, right-click on that page, and then Open the associated URL in my browser. Right now an Open option appears on the right-click menu for the found items, but it is grayed out.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto tag function based on file placement and Support for archicad

Hi.
    If manictime could tag time based on the placment of the file i am working on that would be awsome. I have several projekts, and each project has an own folder with subfolders in windows. On the projeckt there is alot of differnt files,with the onley thing common that they are all placed in the same project folder.
    So an auto tag function based on file placement woult be great!

Could you add support for Graphisoft Archicad. It dosent show up in the documnet line correct in manic time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Easier custom statistics: documents by wildcards

Backstory:

I'm using the free version of MT on Windows for self-tracking for over 3 years.

Recently I wanted to see total time working on particular drawing, and I was able to do it like this:

Statistics - Custom - Add - Timeline: Documents (at top) - Files (at left).

Now at right there is a huge list of filenames gathered in these years, some with paths, some not, even some with quirky path formats like "(D:) drive_name / path / deeper_path / file_name.ext" (with parentheses, slashes and spaces exactly like that).

The filelist takes around 10 seconds each time…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Screenshots Text Searchable / OCR

I desperately want to be able to search the text within screenshots. This would make my life 100000x easier. As I switch between many clients I have to work my way through each screenshot working out what client that bit of time was for etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. teamViewer

TeamViewer Manager Data to Manic timeline with user filtering

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. a flag in the timeline showing previously billed time

I need the ability to place a flag stating when I last billed. Another way to implement this would be to either add another tag or change the current "billable" tag to "billed."

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Pomodoro Timer steals focus: use system tray pop up as an option

Currently, the pomodoro timer opens a window that steals the focus from the current application.
    While this might be good to signal the break, it can also affect current work. Especially when working with graphic or engineering applications where a single command might take several minutes (e.g. using a polygon mask in a graphics program), this might jeopardize the work of the user, making the technique inefficient.

Therefore I'd like to suggest to implement an option where a system tray popup is shown instead. When the user clicks the pop up, the window to tag the break is shown (as…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Yandex browser in the application is taken into account in the "Application" section, and not section "Internet"

Yandex browser in the application is taken into account in the "Application" section, and not section "Internet".

screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/y6rH1Udwj7wcM

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. WhatsApp Discussion Thread Visibility

Recently I've found that I'm spending a lot more time in WhatsApp (desktop app) for business reasons, but it's very difficult to tag as one has to examine the screenshot of each entry to determine who the conversation was with.

Would it be possible to build some sort of plugin that would reflect more details about the WhatsApp conversations, maybe who the conversation was with? I realise it's a different beast (I think WhatsApp Desktop is a Modern UI app), but I don't think it's going away.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Merge Documents/Application Timelines from different devices

Using multiple devices in my workflow, and having changed computers a few times, I now have multiple Timelines for Application and Documents and it's very cumbersome to calculate how much time I have spend on a specific file/folder. It would be nice to have the option to merge multiple inputs to a single timeline. I understand the risk and/or possibility of concurrency or superposition but having 11 timeline to search through separately make time reporting more difficult.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Tag/Comment the entire day of work

It would be useful to have the possibility to tag or comment the entire day in order to remember additional facts happened during the day.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stop manictime from deleting past screenshots if settings change accidentally

At the moment, the default settings for screenshots is "keep for 3 days". Sometimes, an installation/update can revert the settings to the default, which will automatically delete all screenshots older than 3 days. For me, it deleted over a year's worth of screenshot data as a result of an update. Fortunatelly, not all was lost as I had a backup of some of the data.

The system should include a test that if it needs to delete an unexpectedly large number of screenshots, it warns you in advance. The prompt could be something like "Manictime will delete X as a…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable SSL Support for ManicTime Server on Linux

Please add SSL Support for ManicTime Server on Linux. The current configuration file has a reference to protocol using HTTPS but no way to configure HTTPS with a Certificate.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Be able to Track Productive / Non productive Settings Per User or Group

I would like to be able to mark certain applications or websites as productive for 1 user or department but unproductive for another user or department. Additionally I can't find anyway that the end user can see Productive/Unproductive on the client. What am I missing?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Track Google Drive and OneDrive folder path too - Document Timeline

I use AutoTagging on used file folders on my hard drive. However, from files opened on my synchronized Google Drive and OneDrive etc. the folder isn't tracked. It only shows the file name on the documents timeline.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Alphabetize Recent Tags

I have a lot of active tags at any point in time, so I show 40 recent tags (Settings->Display). It would be helpful if those tags appeared alphabetically.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In timesheet view have the notes column auto expand to fit content (if there is space)

If I want to read my notes column in timesheet view I "always" need to expand it, please do this by default.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Exporting Tags + Applications in one file

When I export and import Applications, it would be good to see an additional column containing the corresponding Tags I used on them so I can easily verify if my tags are correct. That's Applications+Tags in one file export/import.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Exclude full screen applications from screenshots

Right now we can include or exclude screenshots by window title. I don't want to capture screenshots when I am watching movies or playing games. Right now I have to put in a new exclude filter every time I install a new game.

Would be better if there was a checkbox "Do not take screenshots of full-screen applications"

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base