Feature requests

1. Alphabetize Recent Tags

I have a lot of active tags at any point in time, so I show 40 recent tags (Settings->Display). It would be helpful if those tags appeared alphabetically.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In timesheet view have the notes column auto expand to fit content (if there is space)

If I want to read my notes column in timesheet view I "always" need to expand it, please do this by default.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Exporting Tags + Applications in one file

When I export and import Applications, it would be good to see an additional column containing the corresponding Tags I used on them so I can easily verify if my tags are correct. That's Applications+Tags in one file export/import.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Exclude full screen applications from screenshots

Right now we can include or exclude screenshots by window title. I don't want to capture screenshots when I am watching movies or playing games. Right now I have to put in a new exclude filter every time I install a new game.

Would be better if there was a checkbox "Do not take screenshots of full-screen applications"

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Combined View

I'd like to be able to combine Documents, Applications and Tags all into one single view where I can see them merged together to get better layered timeline of what I worked on during the day rather than having to look at each one separately.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Screenshot after switching window - optional/time delay

I just noticed that manictime creates a screenshot every time the active window changes. this creates an unnecessary amount of images in some cases and it would be great have an option to disable for some processes or to control it with a delay (screenshot after X seconds still active..)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show URL in the applications list

I'd like to see the URL in the application list. It currently only shows the title of the page, but when working on a ticketing system, it can always be the same title, but at least with the URL we can quickly search for ticket ID. It would also be nice if we could have a contextual menu (right-click) option to open the URL in the browser (like in the documents list).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bluebeam Revu plugin (for PDFs)

Bluebeam is the most common PDF viewer in the construction industry (and maybe others), it would be great if a plugin could be used to extract the filepath for autotagging.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Jira Plugin: close dialog after work successfully saved to Jira

Currently for the Jira plugin, when I click Save Work, a window comes up summarising the times logged. When I click Ok to close that window, then "Save tags as Work in JIRA dialog is still showing and I then have to click cancel.
    This dialog should close on success or remain open in the event of a failure.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ignore 'all-day' and 'free' events on Google Calendar

I've just configured a Google Calendar timeline, and it's showing 'All-day' events, and events I have marked as 'free'. I'd like the option to hide events based on whether they're all-day, or whether I've said 'yes', 'maybe' or 'no', along with the usual 'busy'/'free'. Ideally I'd like to have only events that are not all-day and I've either said 'yes' to or marked as busy.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Timesheet: Quarter Date Range

Allow for options in the Timesheet to be "This Quarter", "Last Quarter", and "Last 3 Months" to be compatible with the 4 Quarters in a year (Q1 Jan-Mar, Q2 Apr-June, Q3 July-Sept, Q4 Oct-Dec)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Merge tags / autotags

I'm finding that I have lots of near-duplicate autotags in my system. I would like to clean this up by merging similar autotags, but there's no easy way to do this. Ideal workflow would be something like:

Select two tags.
    Click "Merge tags."
    Optionally update tag title.
    All rules from both tags now appear under the one remaining tag.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mobile with GPS for when I arrive at a job

Mobile with GPS for when I arrive at a job. Another product one of your competitors Hours Tracker Mobile app picks up when I get close to my clients office books me in and then books me out when I leave. It would be great to combine this with my desktop Manic

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. UnAutotagged Time Selector

In the tag selection you can filter to select tagged/untagged time. However, I have an autotag timeline that merges certain autotags and the manual tags. I would like to fill in the gaps with "unautoagged" time by just dragging and selecting these gaps.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stacked Bar Chart

I just started using manic time and I'm really enjoying it. I'd like to be able to create a stacked bar chart to give a better visual representation of my day.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. external backup

ability to save backups to ftp

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If you forgot to name the working file/document

Add the ability to rename the selected files.

For example, I spent the whole day working in Photoshop, but forgot to call the document (by default it is called Untitled-1).
    I choose the right panel Untitled-1 line, click the right mouse button and click renames all Untitled-1 by desired mask.

It would be very convenient, I think.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Integrate Timesheet with Dynamics 365 on Premises

Integrate Timesheet with Dynamics 365 on Premises

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. TRACK CRYTAL REPORTS - FILE EXTENSION .RPT

TRACK CRYTAL REPORTS - FILE EXTENSION .RPT

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base