Feature requests

1. Commit Messages Timeline ( SVN & Git )

I would love it if manictime could create a timeline from commit messages in source control systems.

Personally I would like SVN and Git timelines.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification when using Timers

A modal desktop notification when using Timers or Pomodoro.

Sometimes I don't know that my timer finished if I don't check with Manictime icon in the tray.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change note separator on QuickBooks interface

I love how MT allows me to take notes throughout a day, even as I work on different clients and projects, and each client's notes are combined into a single billable total with all the notes in QuickBooks. This is a great capability.

Small request...When I work several times throughout a day for a given client, and record a separate note each time, the individual notes are passed to QuickBooks combined but automatically separated by a semicolon (;).

I wonder if this feature could be configurable to suppress the semicolon, or specify a space, or a period. Personally, I prefer…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pick tag color when creating new tag

It would be nice to be able to choose a new tag's color as we create it. Assign a random color but display it to the user and allow the user to change it.
    Right now we have to create the tag, then go into the tag editor, find the new tag, edit it and pick the new color.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sum of active time shown on analytics/timeline

I review my employees time on web app screen analytics/timeline. I need to know the total activate time and look at the applications and files they had open. So it would be great to have the sum of active time to left or right of Computer usage bar

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Document Timeline for Nitro PDF

We use nitro PDF instead of adobe. The applications timeline includes all the file detail but the files I open/read/markup don't appear in my document timeline.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to Edit Entries and Tags from the Timesheet Window and to be Able to Set Entries as Billable

I rely greatly on the timesheet window to see what I have completed workwise. It would greatly benefit how I use ManicTime if I was able to edit entries and tags from within the timesheet window and to be able to set entries as billable from the Timesheet window as well

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show Colours (Colors) for all tag levels on timeline

I think it would be great to be able to (optionally) show all tag colours at once.

eg, a slice tagged by Client1, #Client1-123
    could show 3 bands of colour (or three sub timelines?)

I just found the ability to skip the first tag when colouring, this is awesome! (but I have to go into every client and change that, which is what I do at the moment, but it would be nice to have a visual of the client as well as the issue number)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Locking my Computer would pause a running timer

When running a timer sometimes i walk off for a cuppa :). Would it be possible that the timer pauses. Otherwise when I come back i have overlapping time.

When I leave my computer I always lock it. So could it be the following;
    1. Timer is running
    2. Computer locks which pauses timer
    3. Return and unlock computer (I get prompted for away time :)
    4. Timer continues for previous job or prompts if i wish to continue.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. tags

Need a customization list feature for tags based on 1st, 2nd, third and fourth levels. Eg. 1st level are general and move to specific tasks on lower levels. Also, when tagging, for these tags to be listed in order of level for ease of use.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Filter shown issues in the ManicTime tagger with JQL

First of all: This is an amazing tool! I really appreciate your work.

Currently the Jira plugin configurator allow you to only filter shown issues by Projects and Issue Statuses. Sometimes I want to report time into issues that are not assigned to me, and if I select to show all issues, regardless of assignee, I get hundred thousands of issues. It would be nice if I could instead (or optionally) filter Jira issues with JQL in the Jira plugin setting window. That would offer a lot more freedom to the user to decide what Jira issues should be shown…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Better JIRA integration and tag display

The JIRA plugin is really great, but also very slow when there are a lot of projects and issues. And I need to wait ~1 minute to re-scan the tags every time I create a new issue.

Can it have an option to only scan the projects I subscribed to?

Also, a lot of times, the issue titles don't fit in the 'tag picker' window, so I'm not sure what I actually clicked on. Please make it resizable!

Similarly, the 'Add tag' window has a very strange resize behavior, where at the maximum width the 'note' section and the 'tags'…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Jira Plugind does not show Issues/Tags if the issue is assigned to a Release/Version

If we assign a issue in Jira to a specific version/release it is not shown in the ManicTime tag selection through the Jira plugin.

Can you confirm that this is a bug?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Ability to Specify Tag Beginning... Now.

Ideally I could hit a button to define what Im working on starting right then (eg Project A), and then hit the button a time later when I switch to something else (eg Project B) and so on with projects and lunch etc so that at the end of the day a complete profile would exist based on the projects I specified I was working on.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ZEI / Timeular

ZEI / Timeular provides a hardware time tracking solution (and 8 sided die that communicates w/ your PC /mobile via Bluetooth) that integrates with the Timeular app. Getting that connected to ManicTime would be FANTASTIC.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to reorder saved Timesheet reports

My list of Timesheets (in the "Load" drop-down) is getting long and I wish there were a way to manage them better. Ideally, It'd be great if there were grouping options, but at the least, I'd like to be able to change the order of them in the list. Right now it seems that it just orders them by "create date" - with the newest ones at the bottom of the list.

I wondered if perhaps they were stored in a config text file and would be easy to reorder, but I didn't find any, so I guess they are…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. save statistics page for later

currently, it is already possible to save the statistics graph as an image.

i would like to be able to save the data i'm browsing as an internal manictime file, that i could open later and see the same results, being able to tweak them. essentially, then, loading this saved file would open up the statistics page with the filters and results loaded.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show additional timeline bar for alternate time zone (just like in Outlook Calendar)

This is in reference to the timeline bar in the Day view of the ManicTime UI. It would be quite handy to add a second timeline bar showing the time for a different time zone (similar to how Microsoft Outlook displays).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Zoom in on Timesheet view

It would be nice if I could make the font in the timesheet view larger. Using the scroll wheel would be most intuitive, but + / - buttons would be ok as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. in the add tags window, show tags hierarchy and last used tags in separate tabs in the same window

When tagging, the "Add tags" window always shows the list of last used tags, and a button to access the hierarchical view in yet another window.
    I always use the tags hierarchy. It would be much more convenient if, for instance, the list of last used tags and the hierarchy were under different tabs on the right side of the window, and the last tab used was memorized from one call to the next.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base