Feature requests

I have a feature request ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Persist time selection across category

When a user clicks between Computer Usage, Applications or Documents the time (item row they selected) is reset to the start of the day. (aka the start of the list) In my opinion it should start at the same selected (if there is a time in that category) OR the closest available. Sometimes I click between the few to get an idea of what I was doing that day to get a full picture.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Day Start time and End Time feature required

My Time Zone is UTC+5.30, but my machine time zone is UTC-5.00 (as working for US project they ask me to maintain this time zone. So I request for Day Start and end time setting which allows me check my time log proper.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • clipboard tracking

To speed up tagging time with notes and to have another tool to see what I was doing, it would be nice to have a timeline that is tracking what was in the clipboard. Then it would be nice to be able to access what was in the clipboard during a time being tagged, so that as I am entering in notes for the time tagged I can paste items that were in the clipboard.

To give you my real case scenario. I'm an IT service provider that bills by the hour. I see error messages, run commands, and go…

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • I use the Windows 24 hour clock. I need to record time rounded to ten minutes. When I add a tag Start time displays as for example 08:22:33

I use the Windows 24 hour clock. I need to record time rounded to ten minutes. When I add a tag Start time displays as for example 08:22:33 and End time as 09:41:00 (HH:MM:ss, the long time format). I do not need the seconds so the short date format (HH:mm) would have been fine but that option is not available. What is worse: when start/end time must be changed the colon button may have to be used four times to make amendments; you cannot use the decimal key to distinguish between minutes and seconds. That is very awkward if you…

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • start with trace Disabled and question wether to start trace

I would like a feature where could have Manic time start with windows but give a Message box that defines wether tracing should be enabled or disabled. Ie. when i start my laptop in the morning to read the news it is a personal thing and i do not want to record time. but when i get into work later that day i want to record everything.. and then again in the evening when i get home the reason that i start the laptop could be either personal or proffessional.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Configurable "Edit" Tag Entry dialog (notes, start, end)

Configurable "Edit" Tag Entry dialog (notes, start, end)

When editing tagged time to modify the notes or adjust start/end times...

A) The ability to configure and pin the items appearing on the right.
              Configure: For example, add a custom option for, say, "1 hour" to modify the active field (start, end, duration) by the 1 hour. Start time is active: resets end time to 1 hour later. End time active: resets start time 1 hour earlier.

Pin: when "Tags" text box is selected, I could "pin" various MRU tags instead of them floating down the list based on last used.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Stop watch

Could you add a little desktop window (floating) that could be displayed as permanent window on the desktop. The additional window shall display a selectable number of tags in a list (preferable those that are already pinned).
                When someone clicks an list item representing a tagged time it starts the stop watch, if i click again it stops the stop watch and inserts the expired time with the tag clicked. Using this method some clicks that i currently need to do to start the stop watch via task menu.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • SolidWorks tracking and Draftsight tracking of files names and types can have same names

SolidWorks can produce many files with the same name, but different extensions. Also track or extract the data from SolidWorks PDM such and checking out and in same file, create dates for drawings, elapsed time postable into the title block of the prints and include model create and duration of time on each version, user ID's tied to model, assembly and print data....

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Tag timeline widgit

I would like to have a tag timeline widgit or minimizing alternativ placing/making the the tag-time line accecible on top of all other windows (horisontal or vertical), approx the same size as the Windows shortcut bar. Same functionality as on the tag timeline in the main program window. This would make it even easier to tag time, and be a good reminder to keep taging on the fly.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Ignore part of the header of an application

Some applications (Adobe apps in particular) change their headers in response to the zoom level of the active document (ex. Indesign can have a header saying "New document 1.indd @ 100%" and "New document 1.indd @ 50%" etc for the same document).
                      Navigating a document while zooming in and out generates a LOT of entries in the Application view that could have been one single entry.

It would be nice to be able to tell ManicTime to ignore certain parts of a header to produce less header spam.
                      Something as simple (though clunky) as "Ignore [@ 50%, @ 100%, @…

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Timesheet filters

In the timesheets section, why aren't filter tags autopopulated? Like perhaps a tag cloud or something, or better a dropdown list. If I worked on a project a month ago, I don't remember what I tagged it, so I have to go back, and search not knowing exactly where to find that info. Please add a dropdown list, with a search, instead of the current implementation.

Also, when I select "This Year" as a date range, it selects this entire year, including days and months that haven't even happened yet. Surely this isn't usefull info. Please limit it to year-to-date.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Colour code URLs that differ by port with different colours.

When viewing my document timeline I see all the same colour for various client work, this is because it all occurs on the localhost domain (but each client has a different port) so it would be great if urls that differed by port could also differ by colour.

0 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Highlight entries in time sheet

How about a feature in which we could highlight particular entries in timesheets/reports, and keep those highlighted so that when I click on "generate report" it already has those entries highlighted from last time.

0 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →
                            • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base