Feature requests

1. I use the Windows 24 hour clock. I need to record time rounded to ten minutes. When I add a tag Start time displays as for example 08:22:33

I use the Windows 24 hour clock. I need to record time rounded to ten minutes. When I add a tag Start time displays as for example 08:22:33 and End time as 09:41:00 (HH:MM:ss, the long time format). I do not need the seconds so the short date format (HH:mm) would have been fine but that option is not available. What is worse: when start/end time must be changed the colon button may have to be used four times to make amendments; you cannot use the decimal key to distinguish between minutes and seconds. That is very awkward if you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. start with trace Disabled and question wether to start trace

I would like a feature where could have Manic time start with windows but give a Message box that defines wether tracing should be enabled or disabled. Ie. when i start my laptop in the morning to read the news it is a personal thing and i do not want to record time. but when i get into work later that day i want to record everything.. and then again in the evening when i get home the reason that i start the laptop could be either personal or proffessional.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Configurable "Edit" Tag Entry dialog (notes, start, end)

Configurable "Edit" Tag Entry dialog (notes, start, end)

When editing tagged time to modify the notes or adjust start/end times...

A) The ability to configure and pin the items appearing on the right.
    Configure: For example, add a custom option for, say, "1 hour" to modify the active field (start, end, duration) by the 1 hour. Start time is active: resets end time to 1 hour later. End time active: resets start time 1 hour earlier.

Pin: when "Tags" text box is selected, I could "pin" various MRU tags instead of them floating down the list based on last used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Stop watch

Could you add a little desktop window (floating) that could be displayed as permanent window on the desktop. The additional window shall display a selectable number of tags in a list (preferable those that are already pinned).
    When someone clicks an list item representing a tagged time it starts the stop watch, if i click again it stops the stop watch and inserts the expired time with the tag clicked. Using this method some clicks that i currently need to do to start the stop watch via task menu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Additional features for Connectwise Plugin

Allow for status changes and marking as resolution for the ConnectWise plugin would allow me to almost never have to actually use ConnectWise

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SolidWorks tracking and Draftsight tracking of files names and types can have same names

SolidWorks can produce many files with the same name, but different extensions. Also track or extract the data from SolidWorks PDM such and checking out and in same file, create dates for drawings, elapsed time postable into the title block of the prints and include model create and duration of time on each version, user ID's tied to model, assembly and print data....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tag timeline widgit

I would like to have a tag timeline widgit or minimizing alternativ placing/making the the tag-time line accecible on top of all other windows (horisontal or vertical), approx the same size as the Windows shortcut bar. Same functionality as on the tag timeline in the main program window. This would make it even easier to tag time, and be a good reminder to keep taging on the fly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ignore part of the header of an application

Some applications (Adobe apps in particular) change their headers in response to the zoom level of the active document (ex. Indesign can have a header saying "New document 1.indd @ 100%" and "New document 1.indd @ 50%" etc for the same document).
    Navigating a document while zooming in and out generates a LOT of entries in the Application view that could have been one single entry.

It would be nice to be able to tell ManicTime to ignore certain parts of a header to produce less header spam.
    Something as simple (though clunky) as "Ignore [@ 50%, @ 100%, @…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Timesheet filters

In the timesheets section, why aren't filter tags autopopulated? Like perhaps a tag cloud or something, or better a dropdown list. If I worked on a project a month ago, I don't remember what I tagged it, so I have to go back, and search not knowing exactly where to find that info. Please add a dropdown list, with a search, instead of the current implementation.

Also, when I select "This Year" as a date range, it selects this entire year, including days and months that haven't even happened yet. Surely this isn't usefull info. Please limit it to year-to-date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would really like a screenshot playback like movie option from server to quickly review employee activity

I'm a consultant, and some of my clients use monitoring software. One of the features they want is the ability to view screenshots like a movie for a given user or workstation from the server. They run random audits where a supervisor comes into the office sits down with management at the server login and quickly runs through a few days of employee activity by watching the "movie" of screen shots.
    Would love to see this in ManicTime Server. If it were added I might be able to sell some clients on this solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for Cinema 4d

Support for Cinema 4Ds Projectfiles would be awesome!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Highlight entries in time sheet

How about a feature in which we could highlight particular entries in timesheets/reports, and keep those highlighted so that when I click on "generate report" it already has those entries highlighted from last time.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. find license key

find license key not obviouss where ist I wan tot install on another PC need key

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 12 13 14 16 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base