Feature requests

I have a feature request ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Track several tasks simultaneously

Sometimes, it is possible to perform a bit of multitasking. A task may require attention every 5-10 minutes, in which time another similar task may be performed. - Both tasks are billable.
    An example is server maintenance for a client (or several clients). Installing and configuring updates, software, etc. - Often such tasks are "fragmented" and may be performed in parallel.
    It would be great to be able to have an option in Settings to switch on "Track Multiple tasks simultaneously", which enables several stopwatches in parallel. - This saves me from having to manually tracking it and manually adding…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Centralized Management of Client Settings

We need a way be able to have Setting "Profiles" that are centrally stored and able to be assigned to users or groups of users (or everyone of course). Then the client would check in from time to time and obtain the latest settings.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. record keyboard activity

As i do reports on a weekly basis and to be more precise on activity tracking , i tend to use manictime & a keylogger combination.
    it would be nice to have that feature to be integrated .
    the keylogging would have to be toggleable on demand

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Statistics or weekdays and hour of a day

Hello,

I would like to be able to see usage statistics about different weekdays (i.e. Monday, Sunday...) in a given period (i.e. last year).

I would also like to be able to see usage statistics about different hours of a day (i.e. from 12:00 to 13:00) in a given period (i.e. last year).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to define labeled color sets

Instead of having to choose each color from the complete color range, have the possibility to defined labeled colors, that can be used in tags/autotags/folders.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Screenshot support for the linux client

It seems the linux client does not take screenshots now.
    It would be great if it would take screnshots!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Minimum Activity Duration - UPDATE/FIX

Currently the minimum activity duration does not work as a user would expect it.

Example:

I set it to 60 seconds.

I have Chrome open for 5 minutes, this all works good.
    I then have outlook open for 40 seconds
    I then have calculator open for 30 seconds.
    It will list that I have had calculator open for 70 seconds total when it fact that is incorrect.

My suggestion would be to keep it as the main application Google Chrome until I have had another application open for more than my specified time eg I have calculator open for more…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Cisco PBX call tracking timeline

Record start/end time, number, name or other identifying information on a separate timeline

The Cisco system (and others, I'm guessing) have web portals (and hopefully APIs) for individual users to access their call records from a central place, but those would require authentication to a central system.

I was able to dial my attached phone from within Outlook and from a company web phone directory, a la Skype, though, so there is some sort of mechanism to control the physical phone itself from the desktop. Hopefully this control would also include the ability to read that phone's call log, rather…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Interface Skins and Classic Style UI

The old ManicTime looked so much better. I've been using only the classic 2.5.4.0 version as the tags, colours and theme are just so much better to read and represent. I really hate the new UI, sure it's easy enough to use the old version but after sometime lots of bugs and features will be left out to those who want to stick with the classic UI. Please offer Classic style and a Skins options for users, most great programs and techie programs have skinnable options. Nobody wants to be forced using a UI they dislike especially the new look…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tags Groups/Categories

I would like to group some Tags together for some calculations. This could be done either by Grouping Tags to one Aggregating Tag, and thus allowing Tree-Like structure, or by placing Tags to certain Categories (Forest-Like structure).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add auto tag feature to mac server

My time is always used in bits and pieces, which makes it hard to be tagged. But I use some specific applications quite often, and it's easier to tag by applications for me. I really like the auto tag idea, but servers on macOS seem to exclude that feature. Is it possible to add it to the mac server? Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Statutory holiday

When calculation work time. The statutory holidays should be considered

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to modify teams via API

The ability to control the team member via an API to allow us to keep our sync with AD Users or other Project management software

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stretch/Scale Screenshots Option

There should be an option to make the screenshots stretch/scale in the viewer window while outside (and even inside) freeze mode.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sound when an event occurs

One feature, which has been constantly neglected so far is -- sound --. The idea is to connect a sound with a certain event, usually when a time interval is over.

To emphasize, that I'm not alone in this wish, I'm summarizing the threads which has also expressed this issue:

- (37 Votes) Pomodoro settings : - sound notification when the break is over
    - (3 Votes) Tag Reminder as New Window : - a window pop up with sound.
    - (6 Votes) Pomodoro Timer steals focus: use system tray pop up as an option : a sound could be…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Timesheet reports - highlight selection and calculate sum in status bar like Excel

This is me being lazy and generating a month report for example and clicking different entries for a total time of those highlighted entries.

After generating any type of report, I can either shift click a start and end point to multiple select or press CTRL and choose a number of different entries. It would be really good the total of this selection was calculated in the status bar, similar to Excel.

Screen shot of Excel of exported data for comparison of UI.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. open document from advanced search of application timeline

I would like to be able to search the Applications timeline (for words appearing in a web page title, etc.), find a web page I am looking for, right-click on that page, and then Open the associated URL in my browser. Right now an Open option appears on the right-click menu for the found items, but it is grayed out.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Auto tag function based on file placement and Support for archicad

Hi.
    If manictime could tag time based on the placment of the file i am working on that would be awsome. I have several projekts, and each project has an own folder with subfolders in windows. On the projeckt there is alot of differnt files,with the onley thing common that they are all placed in the same project folder.
    So an auto tag function based on file placement woult be great!

Could you add support for Graphisoft Archicad. It dosent show up in the documnet line correct in manic time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Easier custom statistics: documents by wildcards

Backstory:

I'm using the free version of MT on Windows for self-tracking for over 3 years.

Recently I wanted to see total time working on particular drawing, and I was able to do it like this:

Statistics - Custom - Add - Timeline: Documents (at top) - Files (at left).

Now at right there is a huge list of filenames gathered in these years, some with paths, some not, even some with quirky path formats like "(D:) drive_name / path / deeper_path / file_name.ext" (with parentheses, slashes and spaces exactly like that).

The filelist takes around 10 seconds each time…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base