Feature requests

1. In timesheet view have the notes column auto expand to fit content (if there is space)

If I want to read my notes column in timesheet view I "always" need to expand it, please do this by default.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Day Duration by tagset

I'm a freelancer - I use my computer for work, as well as everything else. I would like to be able to see my day duration with tags only as 'work' or 'work'+'administration'. Or any other subset/filter.

I also use ManicTime for sleep tracking so it would be nice to see a week of sleep patterns side-by-side.

Same with the 'Attendance' it would be nice if I could consider a day 'attended' if there is a 'work' tag > 1h.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. open document from advanced search of application timeline

I would like to be able to search the Applications timeline (for words appearing in a web page title, etc.), find a web page I am looking for, right-click on that page, and then Open the associated URL in my browser. Right now an Open option appears on the right-click menu for the found items, but it is grayed out.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatically end stopwatch when inactive

I really love the tool. However, it would be great to automatically stop the stopwatch whenever I go inactive, as I do not want overlapping tags since during inactivity I am usually not continuing the task of the stopwatch.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Easier custom statistics: documents by wildcards

Backstory:

I'm using the free version of MT on Windows for self-tracking for over 3 years.

Recently I wanted to see total time working on particular drawing, and I was able to do it like this:

Statistics - Custom - Add - Timeline: Documents (at top) - Files (at left).

Now at right there is a huge list of filenames gathered in these years, some with paths, some not, even some with quirky path formats like "(D:) drivename / path / deeperpath / file_name.ext" (with parentheses, slashes and spaces exactly like that).

The filelist takes around 10 seconds…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Screenshots Text Searchable / OCR

I desperately want to be able to search the text within screenshots. This would make my life 100000x easier. As I switch between many clients I have to work my way through each screenshot working out what client that bit of time was for etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search in multiple timeline at the same time

It wuold be helpfull extend the search (optionally ) to more than one timeline at the time. In this way the same 'term' will fire the related autotag independently from the timeline.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. teamViewer

TeamViewer Manager Data to Manic timeline with user filtering

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automated Alerts Based on Mid-Week Timesheet totals

Apparently I work too much...

It'd be great to set up an alert that monitors the totals of billable tags for a given date range and performs an action (alert, email, etc.) when a configured threshold is reached.

For Example:
    As a user, I want to create a recurring "timeline/tag summary alert" so that I receive a notification (via email) when the total time for a given tag exceeds a specified number of hours within a date range.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Exclude full screen applications from screenshots

Right now we can include or exclude screenshots by window title. I don't want to capture screenshots when I am watching movies or playing games. Right now I have to put in a new exclude filter every time I install a new game.

Would be better if there was a checkbox "Do not take screenshots of full-screen applications"

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stopwatch On Linux

One of my primary methods of using ManicTime is via the stopwatch. I've been keeping an eye on ManicTime Linux's development for some time, in hopes of eventually ditching Windows. It sounds like tracking is now pretty much there (except for screenshots) - but I wasn't able to figure out any way to use the stopwatch. Would be great if this would be implemented too!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. a flag in the timeline showing previously billed time

I need the ability to place a flag stating when I last billed. Another way to implement this would be to either add another tag or change the current "billable" tag to "billed."

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Yandex browser in the application is taken into account in the "Application" section, and not section "Internet"

Yandex browser in the application is taken into account in the "Application" section, and not section "Internet".

screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/y6rH1Udwj7wcM

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notification when using Timers

A modal desktop notification when using Timers or Pomodoro.

Sometimes I don't know that my timer finished if I don't check with Manictime icon in the tray.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New & less intrusive Away Time popup mode

Small suggestion for Away time.

Issue: having that window opening each time can be frustrating if one wants to close it most of the times.

My example: this issue for me occurs when I study with a PDF of exercises opened on the PC, so screen goes off after 5 mins but I take 10mins to do an exercise, when I come back to see the PDF then the window appears with 10min away time, each time I have to close it and that's annoying. I already set 15 minutes to "track inactivity if PC is idle for more than",…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. [security] add client verification of server certificate

Allow the client to require a specific certificate or certificate authority on the server. Manictime carries a lot of potentially sensitive information for me. In theory if someone wanted, they could create a server that would accept any credentials from a manic time client and accepts the entire upload by pretending to be the server the client normally connects to. This would allow the client to validate that the server is in fact who is expected. And as a result stop this potential information leak.

On a more practical note where would this be useful:
    You have a laptop that…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tag/Comment the entire day of work

It would be useful to have the possibility to tag or comment the entire day in order to remember additional facts happened during the day.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable SSL Support for ManicTime Server on Linux

Please add SSL Support for ManicTime Server on Linux. The current configuration file has a reference to protocol using HTTPS but no way to configure HTTPS with a Certificate.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Alerts

Add to "Create alert" window one more option:

i want to use ????? MINIMUM than XX minutes per day.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base