I have a feature request ...

Sub-Totals for Same Tag

For my time reporting, in some cases I need time broken down by tag-level-1, and in some cases by tag-level-2, this may also vary by phase of project, so after initial build, support tasks need more granular reports (tag level 2), but during build the time needs to be reported in aggregate (tag level 1).

To address this it would be great if a sub-total row for all items of the same level-1 tag was an option I could turn on.
Workaround is to keep toggling tag level, (which relates to: http://support.manictime.com/forums/222041-feature-requests/suggestions/9913263-timesheet-basic-advanced-ui )

This ticket also would probably address my need but not so elegantly:
http://support.manictime.com/forums/222041-feature-requests/suggestions/13607469-timesheet-reports-highlight-selection-and-calcul

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Murray Roke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this.

Just put a checkbox beside each of the "group by" fields that says "Sub-Total?" If checked, it inserts a total line and provides a subtotal of that grouping.

I am often wanting to separate out my billable and non-billable. I need to see both - but I have to run two separate timesheets and then combine. For quick at-a-glance timesheets this is a pain.

• Murray Roke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes "Sum of Selected" is definitely more flexible, I think it will as-you-say help with other tasks I need to complete. I will be pretty happy with that :-)

That will push this suggestion way down my wish-priority list, but probably not off the bottom.

P.S. Manic Time is awesome, love your work!

• AdminManicTime Support (Support, ManicTime) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm much more inclined to the other two options. Excel sum would be handy in other parts of the app as well. And maybe we could also keep timesheet UI on a single tab. It would probably make sense to move the buttons up top and show them horizontally.
    This one is the most complicated, because why stop at the first level, why not show subtotal for second and third as well. Of course it would make sense to have an option up to which level you'd like to see the subtotal.
    We will start with excel way and see how that works out. Its also more versatile since you can see the total across tags.

Feedback and Knowledge Base