Feature requests

1. Ability to add autotag timeline to statistics

There is need to add autotag timeline to statistics, because most of activity is recorded automatically (at least in my case).

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. iphone App

App for logging time off the computer like meetings, webex, conferences, calls. All this should be as easy as using ManicTime on the desktop and also add this time to the computer app automatically.

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pomodoro settings

Pomodoro settings please (customizable):
    - default work time
    - default break time
    - sound notification when the break is over

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Desktop Widget

The one thing that keeps me from benefiting from using manictime as thoroughly as I could is the stopwatch feature. I don't always get popups reminding me to change. I'd like something similar to Toggl desktop widget where I could easily view what I'm being tracked automatically as doing (autotagged etc), as well as the current manual "stopwatch" tag I've set.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable auto-tag of Outlook emails based on text in From, To/CC/BCC, Subject, Body, Folder Name, Category

Enhance auto-tagging for Outlook emails. Allow rules that search for a string (or RegEx) in any of the following fields: From, To, CC, BCC, Subject, Body, Categories, and Folder. Also, store the item IDs for Outlook items, and then allow the user to re-run the auto-tag rules so that the rule could find and use each items current folder and categories.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a Synology NAS AddOn to allow the server to run from these devices

There are many SMB's running their office tools on their Synology NAS. It would be pretty nice to have the Manic Time Server running on this platform too. MT is just the kind of tool/facility to run from a NAS, providing secure access from everywhere.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  16 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Secondary tag timeline

i would like to see an option to add a second tag timeline to the main screen. when adding a tag by selecting a timeframe, there should be an option in the menu "add [secondary tag customized label]" below "add tag" option. potential use cases are:
    * tracking your mood separately from activities
    * keeping a sepcific project on a separate timeline
    * tracking your location (using tags such as "home", "work", "bus") independently of activities
    * tracking your company (alone / co-workers / with partner, what have you)
    ... and countless others.

this would make manictime more customizable.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bind the billable attribute to tags

Make certain tags/tag combinations automatically billable.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Regularly reminds you to take short breaks for your eyes.

It would be great if ManicTime implemented a regularly reminds for eyes.

When you are working at a computer it is easy to forget about time. This leads to eye strain and other physical problems.

Screen dims and blocking long breaks every hour (displays the timer showing how much time is left before the end of the break and skip button).
    Before the beginning of a long break in center of the screen displays a notice - "if you want to start a break? - start / take me 3 minutes/ skip". In "strict mode" such notice does not appear,…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Merge multiple tagged times together

It would be nice if I could merge multiple selected times with same tag (with all the notes concatenated together)

Maybe triggered by an right-click option after selecting a time frame

Or an option to use the concatenated notes while adding a new tag over a timeframe that contains already tagged time

So it would be possible to constantly add short notes everytime during the work, and later tag the whole time, joining the already taken notes together

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom Keyboard Shortcuts for Assigning Tags

The new 0-9 (or Ctrl-0 through Ctrl-9) tag shortcuts are great, but being able to arbitrarily assign any key as a tag shortcut would be even better: 'L' for Lunch, 'P' for Project 1, 'S' for Daily Stand-up Meeting.

Tag shortcuts are already the most efficient way to tag time. With easier to remember custom mnemonics, this powerful feature would also become one of the most accessible.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Import CSV to new timeline

Hey, i'd like to have a function to import a CSV file to a new timeline.

For example one could export all emails from one folder of thunderbird to a CSV file. This file would include subject, from, to, date time. After import to ManicTime each emails would be shown in an additional timeline with a configurable duration of x min.

Another example: Export the call log from your phone / PBX, with phone numbers, date, start, end time and import it to ManicTime.

Would be very helpful :-)

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Display in UTC

I travel a lot to different time zones and need to change the Windows system clock's time zone when I do. The ManicTime timeline displays in local time (I presume) so as a result I end up with 'overlapping' activities in my timeline. I suspect the labels then also overlap and are not added.
    This would all be resolved if ManicTime would record and display in UTC.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Integration with Slack

Would like to be able to see what channel I am posting to in Slack application. Right now it just says "Slack" so you don't really know what project that was for.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix for tracking internet 'documents' in Vivaldi browser.

Vivaldi is awesome forked project from Opera.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Set Reminders in Calendar

Not only recording the past, but also planning the future, i.e. plan tasks and set reminders to start. Later compare with the planned tasks.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tagging snapping at 5min

When you tagging it should be possible that they can snapp only at X minutes. For examples 5 Minutes or 15 Minutes.
    So that no Second or non rounded Mintues can be used.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. tag shortcuts should work also inside tag window

It would be nice if configured tag shortcuts would also work in an opened tag windows (so shortcut could be used to tag a time in the automatic popup after returning from a break)

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. teams

Would be great if it can have a plugin for Microsoft Teams - as this is now the replacement for Skype for Business etc.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base