Feature requests

I have a feature request ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Jira Plugind does not show Issues/Tags if the issue is assigned to a Release/Version

If we assign a issue in Jira to a specific version/release it is not shown in the ManicTime tag selection through the Jira plugin.

Can you confirm that this is a bug?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Easier custom statistics: documents by wildcards

Backstory:

I'm using the free version of MT on Windows for self-tracking for over 3 years.

Recently I wanted to see total time working on particular drawing, and I was able to do it like this:

Statistics - Custom - Add - Timeline: Documents (at top) - Files (at left).

Now at right there is a huge list of filenames gathered in these years, some with paths, some not, even some with quirky path formats like "(D:) drive_name / path / deeper_path / file_name.ext" (with parentheses, slashes and spaces exactly like that).

The filelist takes around 10 seconds each time…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for Chromium-based Microsoft Edge

I installed new version of Microsoft Edge (Dev Channel) that is based on Chromium and webpage URLs weren't appearing on Documents timeline.

Microsoft Edge version: 75.0.131.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)
    Download link: https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Button on Away window to mark that you weren't away

The Away screen is very useful, but sometimes shows up when I am not away.

Example 1: I am looking at the screen and thinking about something for a few minutes.

Example 2: I am on a VOIP phone call

I think it would be helpful if there was a button on the Away screen that said "I wasn't away".

If you clicked it, it would allocate the away time to last activity recorded.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Zoom in on Timesheet view

It would be nice if I could make the font in the timesheet view larger. Using the scroll wheel would be most intuitive, but + / - buttons would be ok as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Screenshot support for the linux client

It seems the linux client does not take screenshots now.
    It would be great if it would take screnshots!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow event listener for extensibility API

An nice and elegant idea to open a lot of extensibility scenarios would be the ability to create plugins that register a listener to an event in the application (all the major ones) and then execute code based on that.

One of the scenario I've in mind : I love the pomodoro technique so to reduce interruptions, I would want to "catch" the event at the start of a pomodoro to set my IM presence status to busy and set it back to available when no pomodoro is active. This way, my coworkers would always know when I'm available. It…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop manictime from deleting past screenshots if settings change accidentally

At the moment, the default settings for screenshots is "keep for 3 days". Sometimes, an installation/update can revert the settings to the default, which will automatically delete all screenshots older than 3 days. For me, it deleted over a year's worth of screenshot data as a result of an update. Fortunatelly, not all was lost as I had a backup of some of the data.

The system should include a test that if it needs to delete an unexpectedly large number of screenshots, it warns you in advance. The prompt could be something like "Manictime will delete X as a…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show additional timeline bar for alternate time zone (just like in Outlook Calendar)

This is in reference to the timeline bar in the Day view of the ManicTime UI. It would be quite handy to add a second timeline bar showing the time for a different time zone (similar to how Microsoft Outlook displays).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Setting for tabgs to be billabel by default

I add new tags frequently, but often forget to mark them as billable, which for me is more common (and hopefully for most of us). It would be great if there was a setting to make them billable by default, then I'd just have to remember to mark the ones that aren't.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I could use a shortcut to take screenshots at any time

I could use a shortcut to take screenshots at any time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Highlight "Billable" attribute on timeline

There is no way to quickly recognize billable time on Tags timeline. Auto-tags can display a red streak for auto-closed tags. Use the same visual mechanism on tags timeline denoting billable activities. (Billable? Tag has a green streak.)

(The visualization may be optional as someone may not like it.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tag overrides other descriptions?

Is there any way to see, when you are inside a tag, which aplication/document it refers to?

I have taken for example this violet tag but and there are many aplications/documents I move to this tag but I cannot identify them here.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. in the add tags window, show tags hierarchy and last used tags in separate tabs in the same window

When tagging, the "Add tags" window always shows the list of last used tags, and a button to access the hierarchical view in yet another window.
    I always use the tags hierarchy. It would be much more convenient if, for instance, the list of last used tags and the hierarchy were under different tabs on the right side of the window, and the last tab used was memorized from one call to the next.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add file path to file reports & group by tag(s)

First... I LOVE YOUR PROGRAM! Thanks. :)

Here's something that would make it even cooler...

I would like to be able to analyze sub-tasks related to the individual fils I'm working on. Files often have the same naming structure so the reports don't show which project it was part of. If files are grouped and reported with the path or could be grouped by the tags I could analyze which files were being worked on for how long on a project. This would be too difficult to tag manually because I may be working between many files for short periods…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Split

Split Function for Tag
    During the day I sometimes forget to stop a timer when an interruption comes. Rather than having to then re-adjust the time manually by dragging the task creating a new task and adding the new tag it would be nice if I could put a split in a tag which then seperates that tag into two seperate tags. From there I can just drag the second tag start time to where I got back to my original task and add the new Tag for the interruption.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Cell phone app to capture cell phone usage as activity

I depend heavily on ManicTime for capturing billable time but for phone calls I often end up missing some billable hours.

I'm very fond of both products/companies so integration between ManicTime and a mobile operator like Ting might be a nice marketing boost to both companies. Further, Ting already has Android and IPhone apps you could piggy-back on. I've sent this suggestion to them as well with a pointer to ManicTime web site.

Such an app could be as simple as a prompt for the call's purpose after calls. A phone number catch/ignore list would minimize annoyance factor. Input via…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. off the record

I love the go off the record until tomorrow.

Could you add a setting for "what time" tomorrow starts?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sum of active time shown on analytics/timeline

I review my employees time on web app screen analytics/timeline. I need to know the total activate time and look at the applications and files they had open. So it would be great to have the sum of active time to left or right of Computer usage bar

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base