Feature requests

1. fix the software for Linux version

In Ubuntu version of OS has many bugs, the data isn't sent to the server. It always shows error even though I used a upgraded license.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Track which Chrome profile is in use.

I use separate Chrome profiles for work and not-work. When I access a site like, "mail.google.com", I currently can't tell if it's for work or not. Having the added information about the Chrome profile would completely fix this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate with AndCo

We'd like to ditch Freshbooks for AndCo, but are invested in ManicTime

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Additional features for Connectwise Plugin

Allow for status changes and marking as resolution for the ConnectWise plugin would allow me to almost never have to actually use ConnectWise

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support for Chromium-based Microsoft Edge

I installed new version of Microsoft Edge (Dev Channel) that is based on Chromium and webpage URLs weren't appearing on Documents timeline.

Microsoft Edge version: 75.0.131.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)
    Download link: https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Autotask Integration

Since you have ConnectWise integration -- it seems like you might also consider providing Autotask integration (www.autotask.net).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Resize Mini Window vertically

I find the new feature mini window very useful. However, I would like to enlarge the font size as the texts in mini window are too small on high-resolution screen, but I can only resize the mini window horizontally for now.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Search in multiple timeline at the same time

It wuold be helpfull extend the search (optionally ) to more than one timeline at the time. In this way the same 'term' will fire the related autotag independently from the timeline.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How color is chosen: sub-tag could mix a new colour with parent tag colour

To make it easier at a glance to see what you've been working on I would like sub-tag colours to relate to the parent tag. do do this I usually manually pick a colour in the same part of the spectrum as the parent tag, but I think it would work just as well to 50% 50% mix a new random colour with the parent colour.

This could be the method of generating the default colour when you 'skip' a parent tag colour, then you can over-ride it as per usual.

Perhaps the percentage should be 70-30 or something else,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Alerts

Add to "Create alert" window one more option:

i want to use ????? MINIMUM than XX minutes per day.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. harvest shortcuts

shortcuts in menu bar / keyboard shortcuts to save harvest time for active day, selected activity, and date range.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add support for Connectwise OnPremise server

Please add support for self-hosted ConnectWise Manage server. We are currently unable to use plugin because we run a self-hosted ConnectWise Manage server.

Even though we can't currently use the plugin it was a real bonus to see you added in a CW plugin. I started using ManicTime & others use Toggle to make it easier to find what we were doing when filling out any missing time entries in CW Manage time sheets at the end of the week. Adding support for self-hosted would allow me to get my whole team onboard. Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Differentiate Between Chrome and Canary Chrome

I do most of all my internet browsing in normal Chrome, but I use Canary for developing (https://www.google.com/chrome/canary/). It would be useful to see 2 applications: Chrome and Chrome Canary. This way I can automatically tag based on application.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Custom Calendar for Work Time

Hi. in my company there are different work times depending on the weel day, i.e. Monday to Thursday from 8 to 18 and Friday from 7:30 to 14.

This also implies that the expected time is not 8 hours at day, is 8:30 from Monday to Thurdsay and 6 hours on friday, total 40 per week but is not 8 per day.

Not sure if there are more companies with this kind of schedule, for me seems interesting

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support ARM architecture for ManicTime Server on Linux

When running ManicTime Server on my Raspberry PI 4, I get the following error:

-bash: ./ManicTimeServer: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

It appears the ARM architecture is currently not supported.

I would love support for ARM devices so I can run ManicTime Server on my Raspberry PI.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Plugin for Redmine

Could be interesting to have a plugin for Redmine. Lot of companies are using Redmine as task management tool, including time tracking.

Import assigned tasks as tags from Redmine and export time tracking as spent time to Redmine could be very useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Go off the record until configured time

I work different shift patterns and use the computer for personal as well as business. I'd like the ability to go off record until a pre-configured time, i.e. until I start work the following day. My PC usage often goes past midnight, so go off record until tomorrow doesn't work. I'd like the ability to set a default go on record time within configuration, then within the system tray icon "Go of record until" menu have a 5th option called "Until xx:xx" where xx:xx is the pre-configured time.

I'd also like a 6th menu option called something like "Until ??:??".…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Auto Tags for Linux Client

We have a Linux client. That is great.

The feature I miss the most on the Linux client is automatically tagging time. Please Add Auto Tagging to the Linux client.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Chromebook Version

ManicTime Tracker for Chromebook.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Autotagging for manictime cloud

Automatic tagging for manic time cloud.
    Creating an engine for tagging documents/activities/websites based off of defined criteria.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base