Feature requests

1. First time use is a bit daunting. So much information - it is like a three ring circus. A "user guide" would be welcome.

I hope that my Settings - tracking options will de-clutter the time line and allow me to learn the program. A good guide would be to set the program to only tracking 1 thing, for example Word. The capacity of this program will be needed by Microsoft Office users now that the Journal has been reduced in functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable website tracking for Mac users

Our main goal is to track time that's tagged to specific projects and not overall productivity. Therefore we feel like if a user feels we are tracking their website usage then it may erode trust in management.

With the PC version you can disable or white/black list web tracking.

However this is not possible with the Mac version. It'd be a great addition.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ctrl Z should do Undo

I thought there was no Undo function in ManicTime because Ctrl Z does nothing. I just realised there's an Undo button in the top right corner. Please associate the Ctrl Z shortcut to this undo function. It's the universal keyboard shortcut for Undo

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Using Thumbnails/Images instead of colours for tags

Ability to set up a custom image (thumbnail/logo) for tagging in the timeline, instead of plain colour as it is now

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. christian.sabourin@gmail.com

Document support on MacOs
    It seems the tracker only takes websites into account on the MacOs tracker. I use Word, Sublime Text, Adobe CC, none of the files they open seems to appear in the Document Timeline. That makes it near impossible to have AutoTags

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stealth Mode

Would like a method of installation that is completely invisible, non-stoppable by the end user of the computer. For them to review their timeline, etc., they could use the browser interface at the server via HTTPS. Preferably, the entire desktop piece would run in an unstoppable Windows Service.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. shortcut screenshot

Allow to modify the shortcuts to view/manage screenshots. F11 and F12.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Android Widget

Add a home screen widget to quickly add a tag and/or start the stopwatch in the Android app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add auto tag feature to mac server

My time is always used in bits and pieces, which makes it hard to be tagged. But I use some specific applications quite often, and it's easier to tag by applications for me. I really like the auto tag idea, but servers on macOS seem to exclude that feature. Is it possible to add it to the mac server? Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. xero integration

I use Xero.com for my invoicing... currently I use Temponia to capture my timesheets and create preliminary invoices which are then posted to Xero.com. I almost always refer back to ManicTime to figure out what I was doing and then manually capture into Temponia.

I was wondering if there could be ManicTime direct integration with Xero, or if not, then integration with Temponia?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change note separator on QuickBooks interface

I love how MT allows me to take notes throughout a day, even as I work on different clients and projects, and each client's notes are combined into a single billable total with all the notes in QuickBooks. This is a great capability.

Small request...When I work several times throughout a day for a given client, and record a separate note each time, the individual notes are passed to QuickBooks combined but automatically separated by a semicolon (;).

I wonder if this feature could be configurable to suppress the semicolon, or specify a space, or a period. Personally, I prefer…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable SSL Support for ManicTime Server on Linux

Please add SSL Support for ManicTime Server on Linux. The current configuration file has a reference to protocol using HTTPS but no way to configure HTTPS with a Certificate.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Grasshopper for Rhino 3D document tracking

I have had Manictime for about a year now and I just realized that the document time for Rhino3D does not include the working time while I am in the Grasshopper window, this is totally necessary for the time tracking to meet my needs as I spend a significant portion of my computer time in the grasshopper environment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. silence pop ups

I often am sharing my screen for presentations. I've set up the pop-ups to confirm what you're working on. During presentations, it would be great to be able to suppress pop ups for a period of time (1/2 hour increments) rather than have to turn off pop ups then re-enable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enhance Tracking Schedule : To be able to set time by 5 minutes

I want to set time of Tracking Schedule by 5 minutes to follow in-house rules.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ignore part of the header of an application

Some applications (Adobe apps in particular) change their headers in response to the zoom level of the active document (ex. Indesign can have a header saying "New document 1.indd @ 100%" and "New document 1.indd @ 50%" etc for the same document).
    Navigating a document while zooming in and out generates a LOT of entries in the Application view that could have been one single entry.

It would be nice to be able to tell ManicTime to ignore certain parts of a header to produce less header spam.
    Something as simple (though clunky) as "Ignore [@ 50%, @ 100%, @…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow range of hours, not just days

In custom date range selection, allow also to choose the time of day, i.e. yesterday (or other date) between 1-3 pm.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Record screen video when an application runs

Create video recordings for certain applications. For me, I want to record all of my Skype calls automatically (audio and video). Currently I do this manually with SnagIt, but sometimes i forget.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Setting each desktop manic time from manic time server

Setting each desktop manic time from manic time server.
    It is useful for team management.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Better JIRA integration and tag display

The JIRA plugin is really great, but also very slow when there are a lot of projects and issues. And I need to wait ~1 minute to re-scan the tags every time I create a new issue.

Can it have an option to only scan the projects I subscribed to?

Also, a lot of times, the issue titles don't fit in the 'tag picker' window, so I'm not sure what I actually clicked on. Please make it resizable!

Similarly, the 'Add tag' window has a very strange resize behavior, where at the maximum width the 'note' section and the 'tags'…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base