Feature requests

1. Support for Cinema 4d

Support for Cinema 4Ds Projectfiles would be awesome!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Folderstructure Based Autotagging

I am a freelancer that uses Cinema 4d. I often switch between projects and documents. It would be great to have autotag support files that are used in a defined folder structure.

As an example: I am doing a project for Nike and I create a Nike Folder with an underying folderstructure onto my harddisk. In there, you will find client input, 2D concepts, budget calculations, 3D files, output towards the client. etc. etc.

I then could tell Manitime to autotag every file I create, edit or open from within that folderstructure to be the Nike job.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Jira Plugin: Review remaining estimate

We're facing troubles with poor reviewing remaining estimate after company-wide manictime deployment with Jira integration.

The main trouble is that marking time is very easy but there is no feedback about remaining estimate.

I think there could be pretty easy solution in visualization of remaining work to see directly what is user updating and with which result.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. disabling the delete feature with password

only enabling deleting entries etc with a password?

Basically, what im trying to achieve by this is accountability - so i dont want the employees being able to delete their logs - or even just disabling the delete feature with a password?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow user to permanently preserve screenshots in certain time frames

The proposed feature could be like:
    Select a time frame, Right Click, choose "Preserve screenshots".
    And the screenshots within this time frame will not be automatically deleted.

The reason I want this feature is because screenshots may provider more help other than logging times. Take the motive of this PR as an example. I had a research on one problem in our system recently and had some progress. However, the clues are still not enough to solve the problem, and the chance this problem occurs would be very rare so other works take advance of it, which may last several…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Prevent the Escape key from closing the Notes window

I accidentally hit escape when typing my notes on occasion and it stinks because I write quite long notes at times.

This is more common for me because I type in Colemak and my "caps lock" key is an escape key.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. tsheets

Syncronize QuickBooks TSheets projects and Time Categories with ManicTime, and push Tags back to TSheets.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add Persian calendar to ManicTime

Iranian people use Solar Hijri calendar:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_Hijri_calendar

Microsoft added it to Windows 10 Calenders'. Please you do it too and let Iranian use ManicTime efficiently.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Integration with Omnifocus

Integration with Omnifocus (A very popular MAC GTD+ / projects-life organisation app)..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: "Copy to clipboard" on server does not work

On WIndows 10 in Edge private mode. I did not test the other browsers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to encrypt ManicTime Screenshots on client prior upload to Server to maintain privacy

When synchronizing data with manic time Server, all data (timeline, screenshot) etc. is available on manic time Server transparently to admins. This might be useful in some Environments. However, to us this means that we cannot protect our employee’s privacy when they synchronize with a corporate ManicTime server. If we had the option to encrypt content (especially screenshots) on the Client with a secret key only known to the employee’s manic time Desktop Instance (employee decides on which device he or she uses the key), we could protect the employees privacy and also provide the ability to synchronize multiple Clients…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Button on Away window to mark that you weren't away

The Away screen is very useful, but sometimes shows up when I am not away.

Example 1: I am looking at the screen and thinking about something for a few minutes.

Example 2: I am on a VOIP phone call

I think it would be helpful if there was a button on the Away screen that said "I wasn't away".

If you clicked it, it would allocate the away time to last activity recorded.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. the ability to set goals for every app

i want to set goals for the apps that i use .... for example

chrome >>> 2 hours per day

and when i use chrome for 2 hours , manic time send me a notification for that to stop using it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. MP4 codec instead of jpg/png

use MP4 codec instead of jpg/png to save space on the harddisk

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. teams

Would be great if it can have a plugin for Microsoft Teams - as this is now the replacement for Skype for Business etc.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. off the record

I love the go off the record until tomorrow.

Could you add a setting for "what time" tomorrow starts?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want to increase the number of show top.

I want to increase the number of show top.
    Fifty is too few for me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. allow to check specific items in advanced search

please allow to check specific items in advanced search so I could use the calculator to calculate just those items and not all that comes up in the list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Additional scheduling options for email reports

The email reports feature could be useful with more options for scheduling. Daily for example is conspicuously absent, also days of the week or month. scheduling around pay periods would also be good ie. every 2 weeks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would really like a screenshot playback like movie option from server to quickly review employee activity

I'm a consultant, and some of my clients use monitoring software. One of the features they want is the ability to view screenshots like a movie for a given user or workstation from the server. They run random audits where a supervisor comes into the office sits down with management at the server login and quickly runs through a few days of employee activity by watching the "movie" of screen shots.
    Would love to see this in ManicTime Server. If it were added I might be able to sell some clients on this solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base