Feature requests

I have a feature request ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. GotoMeeting Add in

I really like the Lync/Skype for Business add-in. I would like to see one for GoToMeeting as well. Manic time used to record the GTM as screenshots, but it no longer does.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. off the record

I love the go off the record until tomorrow.

Could you add a setting for "what time" tomorrow starts?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. First time use is a bit daunting. So much information - it is like a three ring circus. A "user guide" would be welcome.

I hope that my Settings - tracking options will de-clutter the time line and allow me to learn the program. A good guide would be to set the program to only tracking 1 thing, for example Word. The capacity of this program will be needed by Microsoft Office users now that the Journal has been reduced in functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add labels quicker

It would be nice to add labels quicker. If the labels is in the right click context menu it works fine but if not you need 3-4 clicks.

How about you build a quick search. If I select a time frame in the top and start tipping there could be a quick search / autocomplete. You would click one time, type the label name and press enter. Done!

That little thing would make your tool 10 times better.

Greetings
    Philipp

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Search function in the "add tag" dialog box

I need the search function in the "add tag" dialog box. Here I should be able to search for tags and notes. This will be a great help in selecting and using already existing and used tags and notes. An always visible search box in the upper left area of the dialog boxx would be great. The search function should start searching while text / words are still entered.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I could use a shortcut to take screenshots at any time

I could use a shortcut to take screenshots at any time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. copy tag

Automatically copy from autotags to tags at the end of the day with the option to set overwrite, only unfilled time, etc. by default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. timeline connector for SQL query

I understand there is a feature to construct a custom timeline by accessing some kind of XML data, but it would seem to be useful to be able to extract timelines from remote dbs via normal SQL.

(this could potentially be implemented on both the Desktop client and Server)

(this is a request I made in the old forums, just replicating it here for visibility:
    http://forum.manictime.com/yaf_postst163_timeline-connector-for-SQL-query.aspx#post576)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Integrate with fitness-tracking apps like Garmin Connect, UA Record, MyFitness Pal, etc.

I would like for ManicTime to go beyond "work tracking" and be my single "life tracking" app. To do so, it would have to gather up data from my various life tracking sources. For instance, I would like to have a view of my running/cycling/swimming training, my calorie consumption, and my sleep history next to my work history to see trends. (Some apps also track "mood"...that might be interesting to see along side work activity!)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add date range for AutoTag

There exists cases where the same tag match has to be autotagged to tow different tags depending on the date.
    Let's take the example where I am developing the application A, which initially is intended to be developed for internal purpose, but that after 01/01/2017 some time as consequence of some commercial arrangements it has to be billed to the customer C. In this case, the autotag for the application A should map to tag "Internal Development" until 01/01/2017, and to the tag "Customer C" after 01/01/2017.

Please let me know whether this feature is already available or will be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to mark more than one tag at a time as billable

Currently each tag must be marked individually and then set as billable. However, the UI does allow you to select more than one tag at a time. When I select multiple tags and use "set billable" would like all tags to be marked as billable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Scheduled Backups should be enabled by default

ManicTime has a feature for scheduled backups, however these are not enabled by default. I started using manic time about a month ago... I just had my C drive crash and lost my whole database, if the backups had been enabled by default i would have been able to restore since my documents are synchronized

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Syncing timeline/s

I use several computers. It would be great if manictime synced so that I only need to check one manictime timeline.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ManicTime Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to fix Screenshot alignment

While moving the mouse curser over the timeline, the position of the thumbnail often flips ... from the left to the right of the cursor.
    This makes it sometimes very difficult to catch the screenshots.
    I'd prefer am option to "lock the position of the screenshot" to ONE side of the cursor. Even if they get out of sight in extreme situations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hit Y instead of mouse click when asked "are you still working on ..?

Hit Y instead of mouse click. I am often working on the key board. In order to confirm i have to move my hand to the mouse click the Yes and move back to the keyboard to continue. Hitting Y or Alt Y would be better i think

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ManicTime Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Drag tags within a day

I would like to move tag entries along the timeline. Now I have to do it by dragging the starting point and the ending point.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reporting needs lots of improvements

The current method of reporting where each date is a column is really cumbersome. Can we get an option to make one row per date instead? Then the whole report would only be a few columns wide, rather than growing by both columns and rows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please more tag items in context menu

There are only 10 last used tags in context menu for adding label (by right click). Please increase this number (up to 20) or make it customizable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dealing with universam Apps

Thank you guys...Manic Time has made my time tracking so much easier...awesome work.
    Somehow it seams to struggle with detecting activity or filter processes for Apps from the Windows store under Windows 10, but that doesn't worry me to much (for instance filtering Netflix App). As a software eng. I can understand the pity of dealing with the new Universal App's.... Big bravo to the developers team...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base